Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:43 PM   #11

Here is a heavily cropped picture that was small and not too sharp. But I liked the look of the egret or crane, he looked like he was dancing. So I added a filter and now it makes a nice image for a notecard. Donna
Attached Images

D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:53 PM   #12

Okay here is one more, I thought this one was too blurry, I had tried to pan it, but I thought it hadn't worked out. But now I had come to kind of appreciate the look of motion between my dog and the background. At least I am glad I didn't toss it. Donna
Attached Images

D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:01 PM   #13

Yes, I agree completly.
I would not dare to post those pics there-I would be ripped to pieces. And then they would start to get nasty ;-)

But if you have a "proof" shot that sth. on the pany got you a shot that otherwise would have been impossible, you are invited to post it as well ;-)

Another Shot I did with the LZ2, and be quite positive that I could do better now, in the expectation that apperture control might have helped. Will be able to retry it in some months if I am lucky and we get an unusual humid and cold winter. Here the great DOF is a problem-the parking lot in the Background distracts very much(I managed to obfuscate that in another go, but here I wanted to show the problem, not the picasa way out of it;-). And I did not have a handy assistant to get into the Parking lot and put a uniform piece of cardborad there ;-)

So, maybe the FZ30 (or FZ50 if I feel like it) can do better, but there a DSLR probably would have been superior. Or a gorgeous looking assitant. But maybe a DSLR is cheaper ;-)

Cheers,
RealMash
Attached Images

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:14 PM   #14

Hi Donna!

Yes, that is the gist of it! I like the pictures!
So, effectivly
a) More resolution, more reach would be nice -> but Pic can be solved and used a different way.
b) Moving Subject and panning->Usage of unsharp background as a means to express Motion.

You did extend the Original Idea, but I think that is a much better aproach than my original one-you go even a step further-overcoming problems that exist. I like it!

The pic does not show anything new, only a different part of the fence.

Keep em coming!

Cheers,
RealMash
Attached Images

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote