Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:31 AM   #11

I am flattered by all the gracious comments. After living here for many years, one can get used to seeing something and lose sight of the beauty. But somehow, the camera brings it back to life. And I do wet a line sometimes, other times I just sit out there and enjoy the peace and beauty of it.

Thanks so very much for viewing and commenting. I do appreciate them all.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 9:41 AM   #12

A backyard we all dream of.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:04 AM   #13

Nice job, Jerry!

I agree that it looks like a good place to sit with a cold beer and a fishing rod. It wouldn't even matter if you caught anything.

Of course, some fresh bluegill and sacalait for dinner would be good!
RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:15 AM   #14

Well Jerry, you did such a nice job with your picture, you might be getting some company! If you ever need somebody to housesit let me know! Maybe we could have a panny forum conference in your back yard!!! Just Kidding...thanks for sharing your lovely farm, I wish more of us would share our corner of the world...Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:46 AM   #15

Thanks, TCook. I have been enjoying this for 37 years now. Hope to have quite a few more.

RedStick, maybe we can get a few of those beers and a rod together. There are bass in there also. DPWF put over 5000 fingerlings in a few months ago.

Donna, thanks for the nice offer and comment. Feel free to visit and grap a pole

Attaching an aerial view of the homplace taken by a friend who was flying over. As you can tell this was this past winter. The bayou can be seen somewhat in upper left corner.
Attached Images

Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:59 PM   #16

Awww, Jerry...

You just had and go posting your place to get me homesick for Louisiana... Sort of reminds me of our fishing camp that once was on Bayou Cook out of Empire, LA but, from what I understand, is no more...

:sad:
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:38 PM   #17

Telecorder, I agree, from what I understand there is not much left of Empire, and the landscape is completely changed. How did you end up on the west coast?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:11 PM   #18

Yea, that's what I heard/saw... not much left down there and/or completely changed the lay of the land... http://www.flickr.com/photos/thethir...7594083823433/

We left Algiers/West Bank in 1962 and moved to Pensacola, Fla. The USAF stationed me here at George AFB in 1974 and I never left... guess I must like the High Desert environs ---No bugs, humidity, h'canes like the Gulf Coast, though... My sister still lives in Mandeville...

Me, I'll take a minute or two of the Earth shaking, rockin' & rollin' over h'canes, 120% humidity, B52 skeeters et alanyday...:-)
Thought you might enjoy the following...
>THINGS I HAVE LEARNED OR MADE UP WHILE LIVING IN LOUISIANA: WARNING!!!!! IFYOU'RE NOT FROM HERE THEN YOU MAY NEVER COME IF YOU READ!
[size=1][color=gray]>
> 1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air
> 2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:28 PM   #19

Beautiful. It feels good to look at it.
Thanks!

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:13 PM   #20

Jerry, VERY nice shot ! I liked the aerial view also! Have you ever gone to Google Earth and tried to locate your place? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote