Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:47 PM   #11

Annie57

it's a King Vulture, Sarcoramphuspapa, "Avvoltoio papa" (Pope vulture)in italian.
Central and south America.

There was a photo, if I well remember, on the japanese website when FZ20 was launched and its first pics came out (with the following lamentations for the excessive noise).-
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 11:19 PM   #12

All very nice shots, the close-up of the Ostrich(?) has to be my favorite.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:41 AM   #13

Hi Narmar,

Beautiful pictures!!! My favoritesis the King Vulture. I think it is just stunning. My second favorite is the pelican. Amazing clarity on all and beautiful closeups. Thank you for sharing your pics with us.

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 2:00 AM   #14

excellent work as always, Francesco... i still say the FZ20 is as good as anything Panny has put out in terms of image quality. it may not have the Mp of the later FZ's, and it may lack some of the gadgets, but in terms of its ability to produce a great image, especially in skilled hands, it's every bit as good as the FZ30/50
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:17 PM   #15

nice pictures, i love especially the color in the last one - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:10 PM   #16

Thank you.

I agree Squirl033, but I remember that when I bought FZ20 , two years ago I was a bit disappointed by the colors. I can do anything with Photoshop. And to be sharp, the WB is not so accurate as that of Canon cameras or of FZ5.
Now I was deciding to take a FZ30 (I really trust Genece's and others' opinion about the big step forwards from 20 to 30), although the high iso useability of FZ50 is attractive for me. With FZ20 I can still sometimes use a 100% crop on nearly so of the pic, whereas the full size images of FZ50 (and partly also of FZ30) are too much softened by NR... Yes I know 350/400D, 20/30D are andother world, imagewise,but portability is important for me. I don't know how old are you, but I reserve dSLR for when I am nearly 40 y.o., thus some years more.

Tcook that'sn Australian ostrich (emu).

I missed a race/flight on the lake surface by the cormorant(s), next week I ll be readier... and I will also go there in the morning to have more light time.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote