Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:55 PM   #11

Thank you, Donna!

It was 30 000 People there to see that beautifull machine.
Wished you had seen, and heared it, too.
They switched the engines to full power to burn off the last fuel, so it would not heve to be dumped. Incredible Thunder!

Incredible mood, there, as well.

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:03 PM   #12

The Concorde used to fly in and out of Miami. I live about2 miles from the airport and you always knew when the Concorde was taking off because it was so loud. I understand that it was the only airliner builtwith afterburners on theengines.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:34 PM   #13

Well, probably no other comercial airplane needed the extra power to break the sound Barrier;-)

On the other Hand, those realy early designs did have water injection (and maybe some mixtures) during takeoff to increase mass throughput (efffectively thrust) and cool the engines. Don`t know if they did stop there.

Have never been to Miami, but have seen the Concorde in NewYork and Heathrow.

Was in Orly last week, was sent on a business trip to Paris. Did not take my cam with me, only the small FZ2...and did only take three pics, not time for more.

Orly is as much French fifties/sixties Design as can be ;-), at least in one old terminal. There is a new flashy, staylish one as well.

Cool, out of tune, loonie and depresseing and somewhat puzzling all at once. And they have a strange "Luis de Funes -Fantomas" like Tune to attract attention to their public address. E.g. when they explain, that any unattended Luggage will be "systematically destroyed". Well, does not make a big difference to chaotic destruction of my luggage, feels me, but hey, it`s their airport, and they can very well destroy things as systematic or unsystematic as they like.

The Cidre was very good, and the crepes were exceptional.
And the women did look good, too, stylish and somewhat shy, in a clever, luring fashion. But my french colleague assured me, that the german women looked very good to him, too. We agreed that the grass on the other side is always greener. And ordered another cidre.

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:00 PM   #14

Real

Thanks for posting those shots of what was and still is one of the most wonderful aircraft every produced.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:11 PM   #15

Real, those are nice photos, dosen't matter to me who took them or what camera. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote