Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:57 AM   #1

Hello,

I noticed that there is some dust inside the lens of my FZ30, right behind the firts glass, stuck against the second.

I'm not sure if i can see it on the pictures, but what can I do to get the lens clean again?

I hope someone can help!

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:22 AM   #2

I've got the same thing in the lens of my FZ20. I would not even try to open the lens myself. Is your's still under warranty? You would have to do without it for a while but sending it in for cleaning and repair would seem to be the only alternative.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:20 PM   #3

There was a period that a lot of the FZ30s had dust in them and it was pretty well explained there is nothing you can do but send it for service......

The FZ20s seemed prone to suck in dust ...that made a good case for keeping an adapter and filter on all the time......but it seems the FZ30 was assembled with the dust.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:29 AM   #4

I don't think you would ever see it on your pictures as the point of focus would be beyond the lens glass !? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:07 AM   #5

Why the oops has the word oops been oopsed in your post? This nanny software is getting so oops it's really starting to oops me off.

You won't see the dust in your pictures as it will be so far out of focus that, even if there was loads of it, at worst it will just reduce the contrast a little. Light from a single point goes through the whole lens so you can't block a piece of a shot by covering part of the lens.
Focus on something using a large aperture and then put your finger across the middle of your lens before taking the shot. You will be surprised!
jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:20 AM   #6

I noticed some material, some pieces larger than what I normally consider to be dust, in the lens of my FZ-30 about 60 days after I purchased it.
I sent it in for repairs and it was shipped back in a week completely dust-free.

I doubt the "dust" had any affect on the quality of the images, but I figured I paid for a dust-free lens, and a dust-free lens I should have!

I do have to say that the service (through Bigston Digital Service in the US) was extremely friendly and fast!

RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:44 AM   #7

Ok thanks for the answers....

I'll consider to let it make dust free, since it's still under warranty.....

I'll contact panasonic on monday and see what will happen.

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:09 AM   #8

jacks wrote:
Quote:
Why the oops has the word oops been oopsed in your post? This nanny software is getting so oops it's really starting to oops me off.
Quote:

I just noticed that oops......I believe I used a word to refer to the fact the moveable lens could allow dirt to enter. s.u.c.k in dust

genece is offline   Reply With Quote