Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:51 PM   #1

Hey all. I really wanted to try out my new Hoya r72 filter so I came up with these. For some reason the first pic was more IR sensitive than the second one. I used PS for all the PP and Neat Image for NR.

3.2 sec at f/2.8, ISO 80, Manual Mode, WB set through r72

3.2 sec at f/2.8, ISO 80, Manual Mode, WB set through r72

treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:52 PM   #2

Excellent, treed! These look great! The best fz30 ir shot's I'ver seen! Were they taken in raw? What is the red spot similar toa half-moon in the2nd shot? Cool/hot!!

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:54 PM   #3

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Excellent, treed! These look great! The best fz30 ir shot's I'ver seen! Were they taken in raw? What is the red spot similar toa half-moon in the2nd shot? Cool/hot!!

Fred

Thanks man! Yes they were taken in RAW. Hehe and the red spot is just the lens flare from the sun above. Some people thought it was just the sun.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:14 PM   #4

Wonderful. The first looks like a winter wonderland!

Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:40 PM   #5

Those photos are super!!!!

I also received my Hoya Infrared Filter today but seem to have some problems in the PP with Microsoft Digital Imaging. Now the photos were taken later in the afternoon, about 5:00pm so I don't know if that makes a difference but does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:46 PM   #6

treed wrote:
Quote:
Yes they were taken in RAW. Hehe and the red spot is just the lens flare from the sun above. Some people thought it was just the sun.
I like #2.The sun flare is cool. The leafyer foliage in the first shot gives it the ir feel. The grass in#2 is less reflective but no less effective. The clouds are great.

What is the raw work flow? Do you do all the pp (color swap, levels, nr,etc) in raw and then convert to jpg? Can you post a jpg image of the original fom the camera of #2?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:00 PM   #7

annie57 wrote:
Quote:
I also received my Hoya Infrared Filter today but seem to have some problems in the PP with Microsoft Digital Imaging. Now the photos were taken later in the afternoon, about 5:00pm so I don't know if that makes a difference but does anyone have any suggestions? thanks
Watch it, Annie, ir can be addictive.:O I'm not familiar with MS Dig Img. The channel mixer in photoshop will easily do the color swap. Red channel to 100% blue, 0% red and similarly on the blue channel. Irfanviewis a great free image editor with color swap. You need lots of bright sunlight, preferably with clouds. 5PM is generallytoo late in the day.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:36 PM   #8

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
treed wrote:
Quote:
Yes they were taken in RAW. Hehe and the red spot is just the lens flare from the sun above. Some people thought it was just the sun.
What is the raw work flow? Do you do all the pp (color swap, levels, nr,etc) in raw and then convert to jpg? Can you post a jpg image of the original fom the camera of #2?

My workflow is usually convert to JPG and then do all my PP in PS. Sure here ya go!

Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:41 PM   #9

thanks so much guys for your help. I really do appreciate it. I am going to go out during the day tomorrow and I hope have some fun. I will download the software and try that as well. Appreciate your advice!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:49 PM   #10

Very very nice. No.2 is awesome!

Beth Ellen
FZ5
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote