Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:58 PM   #1

I currently have a Kodak Z7590 (10xoptical zoom) and a Z730 (4x optical zoom)

I like the 4x model very much. The camera is very good and the optical finder is very nice under all light conditions but....................................

A optical finder does not show the view when a aux lens is used. The lcd viewer on both cameras are 2.5"

Is there a Panasonic with about 5 or 6x optical zoom and a evf and will it take either of the 37mm aux lenses I have for my Z730.

I saw a Panasonic with about 6x zoom, nice and compact for under $200. at Best buy.

Any recomendations would be appreciated.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:01 PM   #2

The panasonic LZ series have a 6x optical zoom, but I don't think they have the ability to accept add on lenses. There are a couple Canons in the A series with 6x zoom and do take add on lenses with optional adapter. I have no idea about sizes on the Canons. The FZ series offers 12x optical zoom and will accept 55 mm lenses, so you would need a step down ring.
atkins400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:40 PM   #3

Thanks Atkins

It looks like I want both ends of the candle.

The LZ body looks very much like 2 new Kodaks, but not that long a optical zoom and also does not accept a aux. lens (all that bulk on the fron of the body may be too much stress on the flange on the body.

I am satisfied with my Z7590 10x optical, no IS but would like a leica toy to play with.

I had a M3 and a CL when I was 35mm orthodox.

Those with 12x zoom are enticing, but I will wait for the models to be discontinued / prices cut though they look vey compact. My z730 fit in my pocket nicly as would a LZ.

I am sure the technology is there but it just a matter of time till it is profitible for release!

Thanks for your time,

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote