Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:55 AM   #11

Beth

my Macro gallery is 90% from 5T+6T.
6T has become hard to find now.
5T costed the same as 6T in 2005 in Italy.
I thought two would have been hard to use owing to close focussing distance.
Or I d bought a second 6T instead of the 5T.

Anyway I ll receive the Reynox 250 in some days, so I ll be covered for all the size, from the large butterflies to ants...
And I ll use more and more rarely the reversed 50mm, which is too powerful, not harder to use than 5T + 6T IMO, but too much vignetting at less than 9X zoom.

Narmer

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:04 AM   #12

Ok, I am sure glad I brought up this thread as I did not know the 4T and 6T were the same magnification. I have adapted my FZ5 to 52mm threads and so I can get by with the 4T right now. BTW....do you think this 4T is legit?

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-NO-4T-4T...494300?ie=UTF8
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:09 AM   #13

Narmer, your one of the macro folks I really look to for inspiration. ) I am enjoying using the Raynox 150/250 and got those right away due to affordability. I really want to add a Nikon set. )
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:57 AM   #14

thanks for your helps guys in clearing this up for me. As I have said, this has been the best site I have found for advice and meeting the greatest people!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:36 AM   #15

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I am sure glad I brought up this thread as I did not know the 4T and 6T were the same magnification. I have adapted my FZ5 to 52mm threads and so I can get by with the 4T right now. BTW....do you think this 4T is legit?

i'd be concerned about the authenticity and/or condition of the lens, if it's being offered for $25. according to B&H Photo, the 4T has been discontinued, as has the 6T, and that would probably drive prices up, not down. the 4T sold for about $38 when new last year; the 6T sold new for about $55-$60. now if you can FIND a 6T, it's up near $100. given the circumstancesi would expecta real4T in top condition to be much pricier than $25... i guess it's a matter of whether you feel like risking $25 to see if it's legit...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 1:06 PM   #16

just ordered one, wish me luck.

jim
jimboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:44 PM   #17

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:

Looks good to me, Beth,and the 52mm 4twould be an excellent choice for you since you're using the raynox rt5264p modified fz5 adapter. This will get it very close to the fz5 lens. The advantage of the 4t over the dcr150 is you can use it throughout the zoom without vignetting, whereas the 150 vignetts at about 3x. $25 for the 4t is a steal.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:59 PM   #18

Decisions, decisions....I think I might give it a try as Amazon will back it up I am sure. I will write them as well and ask about this 4T.

Beth Ellen
FZ5
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:17 PM   #19

Whoa...I just bought a 6T with a Buy Now price on Ebay of $54.88. I also found a used 4T at Adorama for $24.99 (listed as Ex condition). I will try them both and see which one to keep. I think I stand to profit somewhere in there. lol. Whew...

As for the one listed at Amazon, I am just not sure what to think. I hope it is a good lens Jim. I tried calling but it was too late today but then I found the one at Adorama and went for that one.

~Macro Shopping Lady
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:46 PM   #20

Stacking boththe 4T and 6Tyou reach +6 diopter, which is close to the Raynox +8.
However in absence of vignetting, you can use them at lower zooms with a good DOF for (whole) Butterfly or Dragonflies or flower shots.

It d been better to have a 6T and a 5T however (+4,4) to havea longer working distance

http://people.freenet.de/seemolf/achromats.html
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote