Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:30 AM   #1

Hi all,

this my first posting here. My name is Chris and i'm living in Bonn, Germany. That may be the reason why my english is not really good, must apologize for that.
Anyway i hope it's good enough to understand what i mean :?

I have installed the SilkyPix-Raw Software that came along with my Panasonic FZ50 i bought in late September.
Now i have two complaints:

1) The language of the GUI is kind of mixture between german, english and FRENCH (!). All Drop-Down Menu-items are in FRENCH, a language, which i, unfortunately, don´t understand.

2) The Version of SilkyPix is rather old, 2.0.14.xx. There have been a lot of new versions in meantime.

-> How can i get an update of this software? I don't find any update-file on Silkypix homepage for this "SE-Version", that's bundled with Panasonic Cams.

Despite that, the Silkypix-Software is great in terms of picture quality. The RAW-Processed Pictures are far superior to the in-camera-produced JPEG's. It´s really astonnishing, everyone using a FZ50 should try a comparison RAW/JPEG.
The gain in picture quality is worth the quirkiest Software-interface..........

Hope anyone can help me!

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Schulmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:58 AM   #2

While I do not use silkypix I would tend to believe your installation must be corrupt...And I do not think you can get a free upgrade...according to their web site the different versions are onlythe result of adding new cameras to the list of supported cameras.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:31 PM   #3

During installation were you given a choice of language ??? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:56 AM   #4

Hi Jim,

yes, as far as i remeber i chose "german" as the language during the installation and got this "§%§§"% *grrr*

Any suggestion?

Schulmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:39 PM   #5

I would uninstall the program and reinstall, if it is still messes up I would use their support form.

I know it says only for registered users but I would say you are interested in buying but only if the product works.

This is their removal instructions.
Quote:
It seems impossible to uninstall the program because the INSTALL.LOG file cannot be recognized.
If you would like to uninstall the program, please delete the program manually using the following instructions below.

* By doing this operation, It will delete all the data in the program, the manual, the ICC profile and so on.
However, the record in the registry file in Windows won't be deleted manually.

1) Delete "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E" folder from the save place of "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E" and move it to the "Recycle Bin" .
If deleting a folder, please close all windows.
* By the initial setting, it installs in "C:\Program Files\ISL\SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E".

2) Delete the shortcut icon of "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E" from the desktop and move it to "Recycle Bin".

3) Right-click the [start] button of the Windows and start up "Explorer" from the displayed context menu.

4) Click "Programs" under the "Start Menu".

5) Delete the icon of "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E" from the list of the window and move it to "Recycle Bin".
If deleting a folder, close all windows.

6) Start up "Add or Remove Programs" from "Control Panel" of the Windows.

7) Choose "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E" and click [Change/Remove] button.

8) "Error of the deletion" dialog is displayed.

9) Click the [Yes] button and execute deletion.
If you want to delete SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0E, please close all windows.

10) Empty the "Recycle Bin" when you completed the above operation.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote