Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:47 AM   #1

Well folks, After seeing the pictures from the D-LUX 3 and the C-LUX 1 on DPReview Leica forum yesterday I though I could see some difference in the NR at low ISO's. I could not tell any differences until I downloaded some full size images with the C-LUX 1 and magnified them. I figure they will use basically the same tweaks on the V-LUX 1 and I ordered my very on V-LUX 1 from Willoughby's yesterday. They had free shipping and could give me a shipping date of between Oct. 26 and 30th.

Weather all that difference is real or preceived, time will tell. Maybe we can figure out a way to test it and see. Right now I'm convenced Leica uses a lighter touch with the NR and after viewing the FZ50 pictures not muchis needed if any formost peoples needs.

I've seen some really remarkable shots here from the FZ50 and was about convinced to just go ahead and order it and save my money. But my wife reminded me that if there was a real difference I would be kicking myself from now on. For some reason I have less troublejustifying over spending than under spending, so I went for it.

I'll still be posting here as I feel like this is my home forum. Everybody has always been so nice and helpful to each other it just feels good here.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:24 PM   #2

ive a feeling this is going to make for considerable interest
congrats

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 3:21 PM   #3

Me to Rriley. I'm sure there will not be very much difference or at least not enough to make anyone that has theFZ50 wish they didn't.I was just so curious I could'nt stand it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I really do think I could tell the difference but it might havegone the other way around on another set of photos. I just decided to be the goat and get one. I sold some 1980's gold nugget jewlery that I had not worn in 20 years to get itso I kind of consider it a freebie anyway.Not sure if the little wife does though. She called it my "Pimp Jewlery".

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Hope I can get with another member with a FZ50 and devise a test, maybe with everyone elses input that could tell us. And maybe it really doesn't make any difference anyway. Boththe FZ50 and the V-LUX 1will still beexceptional cameras no matter what.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Don
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:01 PM   #4

Don, I wish you the best with the new camera. I know the pictures won't be as disapointing as I found the FZ50's to be! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:47 PM   #5

Think I found the pictures you spoke of Don
http://www.pbase.com/worldwide137/le...ux1&page=1

and they look imho better than the fz50, only they are processed ...

first sight I must concur with Tiger,

have fun with your camera

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:31 PM   #6

Thanks Jim and Ronny. I'm really excited and know the nexttwo or threeweeks are going to go by very slowly. I've never pre-ordered anything.

Don