Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:39 PM   #21

Well... the manual zoom ring, the rotating LCD, the short release time lag, the dials, the extra Mp maybe?

I would like to know your opinion on the extra Mp, do you feel the difference is VERY noticeable? I've read that due to the noise reduction, sometimes the image quality of the higher Lumixes suffers a lot, therefore you have to resize the pictures a little, making them smaller to have a good image; has that happened to you? Is the final result MUCH bigger than an image from your old FZ10 at max. resolution?

Thanks.

OinO wrote:
Quote:
I wnt from perfectly good FZ10 to 30

and still wonder why
José A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:46 AM   #22

José A. wrote:
Quote:
Well... the manual zoom ring, the rotating LCD, the short release time lag, the dials, the extra Mp maybe?

I would like to know your opinion on the extra Mp, do you feel the difference is VERY noticeable? I've read that due to the noise reduction, sometimes the image quality of the higher Lumixes suffers a lot, therefore you have to resize the pictures a little, making them smaller to have a good image; has that happened to you? Is the final result MUCH bigger than an image from your old FZ10 at max. resolution?

Thanks.

OinO wrote:
Quote:
I wnt from perfectly good FZ10 to 30

and still wonder why
Yes I have a FZ30 also which is gathering dust. The difference in the pixels is a dramatic loss in quality. The basic FZ30 image size is bigger but what good is it blowing up a large picture with less detail then my 4 MP fz10 can produce.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:40 PM   #23

I might sell you mine.. the FZ20 with extra batteries, filters, case etc. but only* If the VLux 1 comes out with firmware improvements I may get it.. and then I will make you a deal you can't refuse*Also goes for the Pentax k10d. If that puppy is 90% near what they say I wil pull the trigger. I feel like most everything out there now is just not "right" for me when compared to the FZ20. I know how it feels to not move up.. I got the FZ20 and the same day Panasonic announced the FZ30. At first I was not amused but now feel I was lucky and have never regretted the buy. So hang on,* I may make you a deal..... or someone else here in the Panasonic forum. We all move on anyway
tommccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:56 PM   #24

garthmoe wrote:
Quote:
José, take a look at www.KEH.com.*They are a major dealer of used cameras. Right now they have 2 FZ 10s on their site for $199 US. plus many other Panasonic cameras. Hope this helps.

Garth
I just looked, and they have 1 FZ10 in EX condition for $179. If my FZ10 died today, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I love my FZ10, may it live forever.
CTPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:16 PM   #25

Thank you all,

I'm really looking for a new camera, kinda scared something might happen to a used one and then I'd be without one again...
Old Oct 27, 2006, 4:34 PM   #26

That was precisely my question:

After reducing your 8Mp image (taken with an FZ30) so its quality matches that of a 4Mp image (taken with an FZ10, with less NR and so on...), is it much bigger than the 2304 x 1728 the FZ10 gives you? Which size does it have, aproximately?

BTW, 2304 x 1728 = 3'981.312

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Yes I have a FZ30 also which is gathering dust. The difference in the pixels is a dramatic loss in quality. The basic FZ30 image size is bigger but what good is it blowing up a large picture with less detail then my 4 MP fz10 can produce.