Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 10, 2003, 3:22 PM   #1

Default Question on Flash

What can anyone recommend for a Flash Trigger on the FZ! to operate a strobe? I know it has at least one pre flash and several flash settings?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2003, 5:25 AM   #2

On the lcd top left corner you will see a red square with a white camera inside. Beside this are the symbols showing how the flash has been set. Flash of lightning, straight flash every time you press the shutter. (Flash raised of cause)
The letter A for Auto . When light levels low, flash will fire. And last the eye symbol, gives a preflash to reduce red eye.
To fire a off camera flash with a slave, you need to set the camera to the lightning symbol only. No preflash.
To change these settings you need the flash raised and then press the flash symbol on the round control to the right of the screen.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:46 AM   #3

Default YES

This is all true....except there is still a pre-flash to set white balance ( not the red eye ) or whatever on my camera, My understanding is that all digital cameras require a strobe trigger that will ignore a pre-flash and fire on the second flash? I have tried out your suggestion several times and it just did not work with my older slaves? All the photos were dark and very under exposed. The prices on slave triggers for digital cameras seem to be very high compared to just buying a new flash unit. Before I make a purchase I just wanted to know what others might be doing?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 3:32 AM   #4

Know nothing about this but since this thread has gone quiet, I thought I'd just post this to bring it to the top of the pile :lol:

Wonder if you've checked the megapixel site :

www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.php?lang=en

Under Articles->Lighting for macrophotography theres a small item on flash slaves.
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:33 AM   #5

Default Thanks

I went with a Digi-Slave Flash for about $115. It has many features and while it cost more than a trigger it functions just fine.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:58 AM   #6

bouncerbenji is offline   Reply With Quote