Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:49 AM   #1

Ive had the LC-1 since Monday after being a month in transit. Its a very easy camera to get your head around if you come from an old manual SLR background. But I cant replace the Oly C7070 with it for work till I know it backwards, and I have a 22-24mm wide adapter for interiors
Attached Images

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:42 AM   #2

I really love how it renders greens, but the AF chews battery power like you wouldnt believe, fortunately I have 4 batterries. Also card capacity is lower than im used too with 512Mb giving just 121 images, the Oly gives 146 with larger images on half the card, and it can carry 2 cards at the same time.
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:03 AM   #3

contrast and upsun shots are easier to manage than the Oly. And the metering can be kept at 1/3 stop between frames when bracketing, the 2/3 I was using proved too far...good news really.

Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:36 AM   #4

Those are really nice, clear and sharp photos Rriley. Composition is good also. Looks like the LC1 is a winner in your hands.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:28 PM   #5

All very nice shots Riley! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:46 PM   #6

thanks guys
more sorta scenic than photographic
gives some sense of what its like out here i guess

im looking at issues where it defeats the C7070
sometimes that can be hard like this from the Oly at the jamestown airshow last weekend. note the Harvard upper right. it has some UM which doesnt look so good in here when the frames reduced

the LC-1 pics are untouched but for the 90 zoom of the villa (2nd frame) needed to be straightened

Riley
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:35 PM   #7

Hi Riley

Well done on the LC1 and may we see many many lovely shots from a superb camera (just thinking about one makes me want to rush out and get one!). For now I've got to contend myself with the E1+14-54ZD and pretend its pretty close to an LC1 but not as discreet or as pretty.Those are some nice picturesque shots that you taken. Are we shooting RAW or Jpeg or a bit of both?

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:35 PM   #8

hi Harj
thanks
no im not sophisticated enough for raw yet ... i might have a shot at it when work slows down
Ive a feeling LC-1 at 90mm in B&W would suit you perfectly for your portrait style and street work, it has some draw backs tho

i found out the first day that the oly flash isnt TTL
while the pattern for the wiring and pinout is on the hotshoe it doesnt actually have any !
fortunately the oly flash is very good on auto, matter of fact you can dial in more or less light incrementally through F stops, sort of interesting

just looking at the LC makes me want to get out and photograph, and i love the way it handles