Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

Here are a couple pics of Corn feed fields. I boosted up the color in the trees in the 2nd photo and it is too much. I also was trying to use the Nikon 6T but most of my mushrooms were terribly blurry. I am not doing well with that lens for some reason.:sad: Maybe drinking too much coffee. :? I don't recall struggling so much with the Raynox lens.:? I am not getting good photos the past few weeks!

<>

<>

Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:09 PM   #2

Mybe not as sharp as ever Beth but I think presentation is great and #1 especially so

'Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:22 PM   #3

Nice, Beth. Amazing how much similarties there are between cornfields and canefields. Hope to get some sugar cane mill shots soon.

P. S. Maybe the cajun coffee here is too much for me too.:-)
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:58 PM   #4

Good effort. I like the first shot...looks a lot like that here. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:33 AM   #5

I like the first one best also. Just pour a shot of Kahlua in you coffee. You'll be as smooth as silk.:G

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 2:59 PM   #6

I agree with the others, the first is my favorite. On the mushrooms, they look like they were rather large and maybe you did not need the 6t. Sometimes I back off on the zoom with the 6t in order to get a steady and clearer shot. I could not read your exif but I often use either shutter priority or manual to keep the shutter speed up enough to counter camera shake. Also, you might try a tripod as the mushrooms don't scurry away like bugs.

Anyway, the mushrooms look like they would make an interesting shot, go back and try them again if you can.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:09 PM   #7

Thanks all.

Tcook...I think I will go back when it isn't attempting to rain. )
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:50 PM   #8

I like 2.

Big as they are you don't need a 6T for these ones.
Yes as tCook says, a tripod is necessary if you don't want to use artificial light.
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 7:45 PM   #9

Yes, good point by both of you. I do appreciate the feedback.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:03 PM   #10

one thing to remember, Beth, is that the 6T produces a very shallow DOF, and if you're shooting a subject with a lot of depth, much of the photo will be out of focus. Also, bear in mind that the working distance for the 6T on the FZ's is about 13 inches. closer or farther than that, and your images won't be in sharp focus. use aperture modeset tof8 if possible,and don't go below f5.6 if you can help it. that will help the DOF. and as Tcook said, sometimes backing off on the zoom can give you a bit more DOF, and a tripod (or a monopod at the very least) is almost always a must... if you don't have enough light, usea flash. if you don't have an external flash and a "bounce card", you can still use the on-board flash, but you'll need to prevent the flash from blowing out close-ups by using something totone downthe light... a couple of layers of cloth, or a paper towel folded in half and held over the flash, will work as a makeshift diffuser...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote