Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:11 PM   #1

They hang around the golf course so much they should be pros by now.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:26 PM   #2

Very nice, TCook. Can you put the ball between the uprights?:G
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:01 PM   #3

Nice sillouettes (did I spell that right?) I don't think of deer on a golf course, who knew??? donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:26 AM   #4

Pretty Tcook. Don't they ever come out in the sue so you can see them? Seems like they think their hid as long as they are in the shade.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 7:59 AM   #5

You get to golf with the deer? How nice! :-)
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:27 AM   #6

my first thought, was you were having the same problem i have getting the deer to show up, without blowing out the background. but then, the silhouettes do give the deer a mystique. great photos.
tafugate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 2:06 PM   #7

Hey, cool! At least someone with a bit of taste-no Golf shirts or shorts! No shock colors! Tell me, and everybody else: What is their Handicap?

D.Ann: silhouette. It is a french word. And there they keep an "h" you can not here (and they can not pronounce, so every German called Horst is `orst for them. My surname starts with an H-they tend to be on a first name base quite fast, to embarass themselfs not further, by trying to speak something they cant. I remind you of the Forrester Novels about Hornblower-the french alawys say "orrenblower" there ;-)), just to ambush everybody speaking a different language. But I checked the spelling myself ;-)

Cheers,
RealMash

RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:03 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for looking and the nice thoughts.

If I tried to put one through the uprights there would be a memorial service for either me or the deer.

D.Ann, If you use FireFox for your web browser there is a neat add-on that checks your spelling for you and one that will look any word up in a dictionary with just a click. Without the add-on I would be lost.

Don, It was an unusually warm day and they were just resting in the shade. sometimes we have to chase them out of the way so we can hit the ball.

RealMash, I don't know what their handicap is but I have been told they have never bogeyed a hole.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:19 PM   #9

Tcook: Maybe I should look for the spelling plugin as well.

I thought their biggest Handicap was they could not handle a golf club:-)
But as far as I know, that would not differntiate them from a quarter of the golfers in the world (As I was once told...).

Your explanation is probably better, but plays with idioms or connotations I don`t get-as I´m not a native speaker that´s sad but happens from time to time.

Anyway-I like the Idea that People have to pay real money and the animals can go there for free-they were there before the course was built. I think in Australia they have lots of kangaroos on a golf course, because they enjoy the fresh green instead of the dry outback.

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:28 PM   #10

Hi TC

A good series but No 2 is just excellent. Have you tried that as a B&W conversion. I think it could look awesome.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote