Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:56 AM   #11

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Great series. Nice change for a country mouse like myself. Donna
Hello Donna,

Thank you for looking and commenting. I am glad you noticed that I tend to march to a different drummer.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:59 AM   #12

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
All Very nice, Lovelife, some also very touching

This is good very good I try and speak through my images and you have heard me.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:03 AM   #13

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Interesting and sometimes sad shots. No offense, but it has the opposite effect on me, makes me so thankful for the place I live. Just the differences in people, I long for solitude and hate crowds but do enjoy small bits of "people watching" as you have shown us.
No offense taken the important thing to me is it had an efffect. I must have been in a sad mood that day but not my work is so grey here is a happy image.

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:06 AM   #14

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Nice series, including your smugsmug galerie. Only a shame nobody seems to be able to smile. Gives me a depression but that's the people and not the photographer :-) - Ronny

And a Happy shot for you.

Old Oct 25, 2006, 1:16 PM   #15

Simply love your everyday shots of a city that has so much history and diversity.

Just about every walk of life lives there and I hope to someday visit and see it firsthand.

Your shots do strike a chord in me and I appreciate your reaching out and touchingme/us through your images. They do convey alot about what you are trying to say.

Mahalo Jerry,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 6:21 AM   #16

Nice people series...good captures.

Beth Ellen
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:31 AM   #17

Very nice series Jerry and your gallery is as interesting and diverse as New York it self. Your turning out to be a excellent Street Photographer. Do you ever try to get anything published?

Your galleryalso shows us, that unless we absoutely need the added functions on a new camera, we don't need to buy everytime a new FZ comes out. All we need do is learn how to use our old one better.

I also noticed on the last shot, you bumped the Aperture tp F4.6. What was your reason for doing so? Just trying to learn something here.

Don

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:32 AM   #18

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Very nice series Jerry and your gallery is as interesting and diverse as New York it self. Your turning out to be a excellent Street Photographer. Do you ever try to get anything published?

Your galleryalso shows us, that unless we absoutely need the added functions on a new camera, we don't need to buy everytime a new FZ comes out. All we need do is learn how to use our old one better.

I also noticed on the last shot, you bumped the Aperture tp F4.6. What was your reason for doing so? Just trying to learn something here.

Don

Looking at the picture this was out in the open in bright light. If you left it at 2.8 there would probably be quite a bit of blowout in the highlights. Thus, his closing down the aperture to 4.6. Keep in mind when you do this you will not get the great DOF you get at 2.8 but when you want to get that shot you got to adjust with what you get at the time you have that shot opportunity.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:32 PM   #19

I may be wrong, but I had the impression that DOF was greater at smaller apertures, however the number of the F-stop is larger. Thus, 2.8 is a larger aperture, less DOF, than 4.6, smaller aperture, more DOF. The smaller the aperture, requires longer shutter speed, to make up for light requirement in the exposure.

Please correct me if I have all this backwards.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:18 PM   #20

It must be my wording that came off wonky to you.