Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:45 AM   #1

Howdy, I confess that some time ago I dropped my 250 while it was in the clip adapter but upon examing I did not see any problems. Recently it became clear to me that the lens is a bit off kilter. One edge is up a bit higher than the other. I cannot tell if this is affecting my photos as I seem to be getting good quality from it but it would seem with such a lens that it would make a difference in focusing? Thoughts? Thanks.

Beth Ellen
FZ5
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:03 PM   #2

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
Howdy, I confess that some time ago I dropped my 250 while it was in the clip adapter but upon examing I did not see any problems. Recently it became clear to me that the lens is a bit off kilter. One edge is up a bit higher than the other. I cannot tell if this is affecting my photos as I seem to be getting good quality from it but it would seem with such a lens that it would make a difference in focusing? Thoughts? Thanks.

Beth Ellen
FZ5
Is it the actual DCR250 lens or is it the lenssitting in the spring adapter. If it is the latter I can furnish you with my special 43mm screw in ring that will take the place of the spring adapter. Which FZ do you have?
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:14 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. ) It is the actual lens. It is sitting a bit higher on one side and I just now noticed it. Hmm... I have an FZ5. Would this lack of level affect my photos? Would I see it?

Questions, questions... )

Beth Ellen
FZ5
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:52 PM   #4

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. ) It is the actual lens. It is sitting a bit higher on one side and I just now noticed it. Hmm... I have an FZ5. Would this lack of level affect my photos? Would I see it?

Questions, questions... )

Beth Ellen
FZ5
So you are saying that the glass element is not sitting flat in its metal ring and it is not the metal ring that is not sitting flat in the spring adapter. In either case you would have a corrupted focal area. I can help you if the metal macro ring is sitting crooked in the plastic spring adapter. If the glass is not even in the metal ring you should go to a photography repair store they should be able to reposition the glass.

Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:03 PM   #5

Oh......well, I looked again and it is the lens itself...so looks like I will have to get it fixed...unless fixing outweighs the cost of a new one. lol
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:18 PM   #6

Oh wow...I had a cloth in my hand and pressed the lens between my fingers and "pop!"...back in place... whew...I sure didn't want to have to pay to fix it. tee hee

Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:29 PM   #7

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
Oh wow...I had a cloth in my hand and pressed the lens between my fingers and "pop!"...back in place... whew...I sure didn't want to have to pay to fix it. tee hee

Good the elements are held in with snap ring and I am glad you had the fortitude to try. I did not want to suggest that.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:37 PM   #8

I am glad I tried...hey, now my macros will improve! )

Thanks again.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:45 PM   #9

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
I am glad I tried...hey, now my macros will improve! )

Thanks again.

Just keep in mind two things.

1- The more light the better you can never have too much light in macro work. 2- The final focus tweaking is done by moving the camera closer or farther away from the subject.

Old Oct 26, 2006, 1:55 PM   #10

Yes, thank you. Great shot! Light is an area I need to work on a great deal.