Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 26, 2006, 2:02 AM   #1

Hi!

After some time I got a little bored with the results of my Olympus tcon 17 Which is good, but..;-) so the compact version of DSLR Lens Lust came over my, I purchased a Nikon TC-E17ED.

So no prob, i just ask my Photo dealer around the corner for the step up ring, buy it and can do the comaprision shots. Wrong.

They carry Hama, Hama does not have that step up ring. I told them to get it for me from B+W (which coincidentially seems to be a German company, so this should be no major Problem, I checked several online shops, they seemed to have in their program what I needed, and step up rings were mentioned in this Forum, so everything should be Hunky-Dory...) but the photo dealer reported back that this adaptor were not produced anymore. Which puzzles me. So is there a european (or preferably German) dealer that has some left, or did the people in the photo shop just not get it? If this Information should hold true, what other brands/possibilities are there, maybe execpt buying a lathe and produce it myself ;-)

Can someone provide me with an ID (Serial Number/ Parts Number) of the B+W or any other adaptor suitable?

Does someone have the step down rings combination from the "business-end" of the Nikon TC-E17ED down to 55mm to stack teleconverters (I know I should not, but I would like to try it just once, Ma...)?

A short web search did not lead me to a direct B+W connection, is there a website with Contact Info?

Oh Boy, this day will be 26 Degrees celsius-some days short of November over here. Extraordinary weather conditions, maybe this will give me some good mood. This step up ring hing is just plainly frustrating.

Cheers,
Real Mash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:35 PM   #2

They are currently out of stock, but Adorama lists them:

http://www.adorama.com/BWSR6055.html

65069456 is the B&W part number according to the Adorama page.

Hope that helps.
RuidosoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 5:50 PM   #3

Thank you!

Yup, that should help.

I´m trying to order them form another source...
If they fail, I´ll try your tip!

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:48 AM   #4

RealMash wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

After some time I got a little bored with the results of my Olympus tcon 17 Which is good, but..;-) so the compact version of DSLR Lens Lust came over my, I purchased a Nikon TC-E17ED.

So no prob, i just ask my Photo dealer around the corner for the step up ring, buy it and can do the comaprision shots. Wrong.

They carry Hama, Hama does not have that step up ring. I told them to get it for me from B+W (which coincidentially seems to be a German company, so this should be no major Problem, I checked several online shops, they seemed to have in their program what I needed, and step up rings were mentioned in this Forum, so everything should be Hunky-Dory...) but the photo dealer reported back that this adaptor were not produced anymore. Which puzzles me. So is there a european (or preferably German) dealer that has some left, or did the people in the photo shop just not get it? If this Information should hold true, what other brands/possibilities are there, maybe execpt buying a lathe and produce it myself ;-)

Can someone provide me with an ID (Serial Number/ Parts Number) of the B+W or any other adaptor suitable?

Does someone have the step down rings combination from the "business-end" of the Nikon TC-E17ED down to 55mm to stack teleconverters (I know I should not, but I would like to try it just once, Ma...)?

A short web search did not lead me to a direct B+W connection, is there a website with Contact Info?

Oh Boy, this day will be 26 Degrees celsius-some days short of November over here. Extraordinary weather conditions, maybe this will give me some good mood. This step up ring hing is just plainly frustrating.

Cheers,
Real Mash
I have 55-60mm step up rings which I produce it will give you a nice close fit. Contact me at [email protected]

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote