Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:32 PM   #1

Thought I would share a few more pictures from my tour of the Amazon River.

This is a floating restaurant that we ate at:

Here is a picture takenfrom the back side of the restaurant of some piranha swarming on the surface of the water.

This is a bridge going back into the rain forest that we walked across to see some giant lilypads.

This isthe lagoon at the end of the bridge that contains the giant lilypads. They are about 3 feet in diameter. Here is also one of the natives sunning on the pier. Notice his two friends swimming up to join him.

These are also kind of interesting. The tour guide called them "Fire Worms". She said they will give you a nasty sting if you touch them. This picture is somewhat out of focus, but give you an idea of what they look like. They are about 6-8 inches long and about an inch in diameter! If these are worms, it made me wonder what the snakes looked like....

After we got back in the river boat, and went a few miles farther down the river, these kids came paddling up to the boat in their canoe. They bring these wild animals out to show them to you and let you hold them if you want for any donation you are willing to give them. The little girl in the back is holding a baby sloth and the little boy in the hat is holding a cayman. They couldn't be over 7 or 8 years old.

I had mentioned earlier, that if the worms were that big, I wondered what the snakes looked like. Well, here is what they look like. This guy is about 6 feet long, butthey can reach over 20 feet in length.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Jim

FZ7

P.S. I also have some pictures of a recent trip to Hungary and Austria if anybody is interested in seeing them. Don't know if I'm burning people out with travel pictures or if this is not the proper place to show them.
jimbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 3:53 PM   #2

a floating restaurant with piranha's swimming behind it, - they don't have any bad tippers I guess and nr4 Baywatch in the extreme is also funny.

no kidding now, great shots - thanks for sharing - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:16 PM   #3

Very nice and interesting! Thank you.
RuidosoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:36 PM   #4

Great shots Jimbo. Wish I had been there with you. What a nice trip. It is very interesting to see life in other parts of the world. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to more of your travel pictures.

Jerry

P. S. Can't help but wander if that is you in your avatar. Nice.:-)
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:49 PM   #5

Really enjoyed seeing those shots Jimbo, yes please post your others

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:22 PM   #6

Very interesting shots, Jimbo.* * *Not quite believing piranas were for real, I once tried an experiment on the River Paraguay by dropping in a kilo of beef on a string.* First time around I figured my skeptism was justifed as nothing happened.* Second time,* however, the water churned as if it were literally boiling and, in a few seconds, there was nothing left below the waterline.* I figured it would not be a good idea to go swimming ... scary !!!
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:23 PM   #7

Jerry,

No, the avatar is not a self portrait. He is much better looking than I am, though he wears glasses and I don't.

br

Jim

Old Oct 29, 2006, 8:38 PM   #8

Love the shots and would enjoy seeing more. I would really appreciate seeing your Austria shots as I was there in May but all our things including my pictures were stolen in Rome the day before we came home. I really liked Austria a lot and would like to have spent more time in Salzburg and the surrounding area. So even if you have an online album I would like to visit it.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:35 PM   #9

Hi tcook,

I will try to get those pictures posted as soon as I can. About the only place in Austria I was able to visit was Vienna, since we flew into there, but I tooka ton of pictures there. It's a beautiful city! I don't actually have an online album set up yet. Here's a picture of a cathedralin Vienna in the meantime......

Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:47 PM   #10

And by the way Jerry, just to prove to you that I really don't look like my avatar, here is a very recent picture of me (actually last night at a Halloween party). If you can't figure it out, I'm the one without a hat!