Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:31 PM   #11

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
The ring on the front of both polarizers works the same way by decreasing or increasing the amount of polarization.

Many thanks for the explanation, thats what I was confused about, the way a linear polarizer worked. I somehow felt that the circular polarizer meant more about the way it worked than its construction if you get my drift and therefore thats why it was adjustable using a circular ring, I was obviously wrong, you learn something new all the time, thanks.

Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:58 PM   #12

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
.....or get a 55mm pemaraal fz7 adadpter. The hd6600 is slightly wider and comes in various thread diameters including 52mm and 55mm. That would be my choice for the stock adapter. I have a 52mm 6600 for my fz5 and it works great.
I have the 52mm Pemaraal adapter. It is a great piece. With the stock adapter and a DCR-6600 you will get some slight vignette at full wide on the FZ7. However with the Pemaraal adapter it is eliminated. As Fred has often mentioned you could sand, carefully about 1-1.5 mm off the end of the stock adapter and get the same result. However I wanted the stronger all aluminum adapter for the long haul. I have seen very good results with the DCR-6600 on my FZ7. Do a quick search if you like on this forum, I have posted some sample images in the past on this subject.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:07 AM   #13

i never hear of anyone using the Soligor adapter
has it got the plague or something ?

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:19 PM   #14

Quote:
i never hear of anyone using the Soligor adapter
I wasn't aware of the soligor fz7 adapter. Thanks for pointing it out. It doesn't seem to be available in the US, which is probably the reason for the lack of user info here. In searching for info on the soligor I see that raynox also has a 52mm fz7 adapter - the raynox rt52528. B&H Photo has it for $16. Raynox has excellent equipment. I would feel quite confident in that adapter if your interested in 52mm.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:35 PM   #15

for Soligor look here

https://secure.soligor.com/index.php...s=8707&L=1

and the adapter for FZ7

https://secure.soligor.com/index.php?id=477&L=1

Attached Images

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote