Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 4, 2006, 2:32 PM   #11

The FZ50 shot is not good IMO: too few detail and CA on edge.
You have to try F/8 - 11 and spot metering.
I don't know if you can get rid of NR without shooting RAW. I have seen worse ones on DPREV / Pbase but I am sure FZ50 can do better.
The problem is alwayss the same: when a new model appears, many first buyers are at their first digicam, so the opinions on the models can be affected by this fact.
I have seen disappointing and great pics from FZ50.

The FZ30 pic is fine , although I think I can do a better pic although smaller size with my FZ20.

Squirl033, your pics are great, although you have a Tcon, so there 's no comparison despite the 5Mp vs 8 and 10.
Your first two shoots would have benefited of some NR in the non moon areas only.

The last one is just perfect (except for a slight amount of aliasing on the top of the moon edge). That's a fantastic shot, and it wouldn't be such without those OOF tree.
I must confess tha tin this case I like the thin noise amount: seeing the pics before reading your comments I was sure that it was something like a resized ISO 800-1600 from your 30D. Too great this one.
You seem to have a particular skillforspherical objects photos and that last moon shot did deserve a post of its own. Thanks for posting on great FZ20 pics, which makes me resist with mine at least up to the early next year, and maybe up to the FZ60 is it'll appear on July....

Narmer
http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 1:18 PM   #12

hey theyre all upside down !

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:05 PM   #13

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Squirl033, your pics are great, although you have a Tcon, so there 's no comparison despite the 5Mp vs 8 and 10.
Narmer
http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm
Francesco, i posted these mainly because Tmccarty asked about shots with an extender... just wanted to show him that using a good TCON doesn't degrade the image. the FZ20 is perfectly capable of some amazing moon shots... i
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote