Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:50 PM   #11

rhermans wrote:
lovelife - (imho) there wasn't that much color in the scenes when I took the pictures, but always willing to learn...

I do not know if you agree but I think these are better. What camera did you use?
The only adjustment made were level and W/B

Steeple

Before

After

Clock

Before

After

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:33 PM   #12

Beautiful shots of a beautiful city.

Possibly Lovelife's enhancements are technically an improvement but I was enthraled when I first opened your panarama

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:38 PM   #13

It would have been a shame had you not posted these. I enjoyed them all but especially #2 & 3. Is that pampas grass in the foreground of #2 & 3?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:39 PM   #14

Lovelive

You're correct about the time of day
I don't mind if you like yours better
and not talking about what I like better.

But I'm quite sure that you can't change the way an Image looks in the late afternoon to how it looks to how it would look by midday just by removing a color cast.

The removing of the color cast also has a negative effect. When removing a yellow colorcast you'll have the contrasting color showing up in parts that were white.

Now the technique you use in Photo Impact exists in almost any photo editing package. ex you can use curves in photoshop in just the same way.

Oh yes - upgrading the fz5 to a fz7 is in my eyes not a real upgrade, it's more something like sponsoring panasonic, don't have enough money to do that.
I am still tempted by the fz50, but the difference is (imho) to small. To do a real upgrade of any of the pana's you have to go to dslr because there that good.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 1:09 PM   #15

nice views of Antwerp

like LoveLife i always post process, but im a fiddler like that
what impressed me most was how the sky changed after PP

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:20 PM   #16

Thanks lovelife,

forgot this first time - its with a fz5, wb on automatic.

Your enhancements are great, the difference is most pronounciated in the second one (the clock),

first looking they were a bit to blue for my taste although when I (after seeing your enhancement) go back to the original and rework them with also changing the color balance I'm comming much closer to your enhancement version than my original, again thanks

Old Nov 3, 2006, 3:56 PM   #17

thanks fred
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:00 PM   #18

thanks tcook,

no its not Pampa Grass, we do have it over here but not free in nature, mostly in gardens.

for as far as i know it's just Reed. A big part of the left bank is covered with it.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 9:31 PM   #19

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Thanks lovelife,

Your enhancements are great, the difference is most pronounciated in the second one (the clock),

first looking they were a bit to blue for my taste although when I (after seeing your enhancement) go back to the original and rework them with also changing the color balance I'm comming much closer to your enhancement version than my original, again thanks

What it comes down to is a matter of taste. These pictures look like they were shot in late afternoon. My PP program Photo Impact, is a complete package and Ihave hardly scratched the surface of its capabilities. It allows me to pick out a couple of pixels in the picture and claim them to be white. Once that is done all the other colors are adjusted around that premise. These images are not adjusted to how they would appear in full sun and I like the effect. BTW don't even think about upgrading to an FZ7.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 9:31 PM   #20

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Thanks lovelife,

What it comes down to is a matter of taste. These pictures look like they were shot in late afternoon.These images are not adjusted to how they would appear in full sun and I like the effect. My PP program Photo Impact, is a complete package and Ihave hardly scratched the surface of its capabilities. It allows me to pick out a couple of pixels in the picture and claim them to be white. Once that is done all the other colors are adjusted around that premise. I never use the Auto W/B on my FZ10 I set it to cloudy when not in bright sunshine. BTW don't even think about upgrading to an FZ7.