Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:30 PM   #21

lovelife, you're correct with the time of day, and that everyone has a different taste concerning the way pictures are shown, and I realy don't mind if you like your version better, I'm sure you are not the only one, heck my wife even finds it better.

The only thing that I don't believe is that by just removing a yellow cast you can change the image so much that it looks like it was taken on another time of day.
The technique you use in Photo impact, exist's in almost any photo editing program. In Photoshop you can do the same with curves.

By setting a part of the image that looks wite with a yellow cast to white you are completely setting the colorbalance of the picture and are removing that amount of yellow over the complete image. This automatically gives the effect that the contrasting color (blue) comes more forward, this is normally not a real problem but if there are pieces white with a less colorcast they will turn blue.

I'm normally very carefull when trying to remove a color cast, and (maybe wrongly) always end up with a small part of the color cast still on the picture.

What the auto wb concerns i feel it works for me with outdoor pictures, indoor with low lighting I have been trying to get better results with setting the wb manualy, and I thing my color sight is not good enough that I see a real difference.

And then upgrading the fz5 to an fz7, now way - I've been tempted by the fz30 then the fz50 but the fz5 is still so good that the difference qua picture quality is not enough to justify this upgrade. The better functionality is another point.
IMHO all the fz's are of such good quality that an upgrade has to be to a dslr to make a real difference.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 7:25 AM   #22

Very nice....great shots. )

Beth Ellen
FZ5
www.eclecticcafejournal.com/WordPress
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:39 AM   #23

Thanks Beth,
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote