Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:47 PM   #1

I have added a number of photos of an antique boat show from this past weekend to my Photobucket account, but for the life of me, I don't remember how to post them here or to link to the gallery. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jerry.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:16 AM   #2

Easiest for me is to open the source page, drag the area with the picture(s), right click - copy - goto to the post and paste.

Remember to always do a preview before sending, sometimes there is extra info that is unwanted, this wil then be shown in the editbox, where you can delete it. - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:15 AM   #3

Jerry, you need to have both your photobucket page and theforum page you want to post to, open. to post on the forum, first select the image on the photobucket page, and click on the URL field to highlight it. then right-click, and click "copy". now go back to the forum page, and click on the little icon in the tool bar that looks like three colored balls on a page. that will open up a dialog box with "http://" highlighted. click on the highlighted text, then right click and click "paste". the URL for your image file will appear there. then click "OK", and the image will appear in your post. repeat for as many images as you want, but make sure to hit "enter" so the cursor on the forum page is a space below the photo you justadded.

topost alink, simply copy the URL for your photo as above, go to the forum page and click "paste", and the URL will be copied there. viewers can see your pic by clicking on the link, then return to the forum by hitting the "back" button...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:12 AM   #4

Jerry, below each photo in your album will be a box that says select. Click on that box for each photo you want to post than scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a "generate HTML and IMG code. click on that and a new page will appear with a lot of entries. Scroll down to IMG images for message boards and highlight and copy. Then just paste that into the message portion of you post here.
I use PhotoBucket also is why I know.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:31 PM   #5

Thanks everyone, I have printed out your info to put in my file, so maybe I can remember.

Seems like I suffer from B. O. a lot lately. That is "Brain Overload".:G
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:35 PM   #6

Ted,

there's no box that says "select" that i can see. below each image are three fields - URL, Tag, and IMG. all you need to do is copy the info from the IMG field.

i've been using it for well over a year, and up till now, i'd never been able to post images without using the URL field and the "insert image" function from the forum board... however, simply copying the "IMG" field and pasting itinto the message body does seem to work now, which is something new...and it's simpler and faster, that's for sure!thanks for the tip!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote