Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:23 PM   #11

Now that is my kind of town, less than 500? What part of the beautiful hill country are you in. I know it can't be Kerrville. I agree the hill country just west of Austin is abolutely inviting.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:28 PM   #12

I am about an hour from Kerrville, in Utopia. Very near Lost Maples and Garner, if you are familiar with the area. My favorite road, 337, was rated by Texas Monthly as the top most scenic drive in Texas.

Yeah, I'm a braggin! It's phenomenally beautiful out here. But shhhh! We prefer to keep it a secret ... don't want the movie stars to find it and ruin it the way they did Taos.

Just kidding. Y'all are welcome, anytime. Ria
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:31 PM   #13

Drove through the area about 4 years ago. Loved it. Understand why you like it.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 6:32 AM   #14

Quote:
.. the rains have set in! we've gotten over 8" of rain - nearly a quarter of our annual average - in just the first week of November, with more on the way.
You could send about half of it our way!

We're in the early stages of what one of our weather gurus described as a 'once in a thousand years' drought.

Already many country areas are almost totally out of water, even for drinking -- after sitting on their hands and ignoring warnings for years, Federal, State and local governments are really panicking about it.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:18 PM   #15

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Squirl, whats rain look like?*** :-)** Jim
It's another "bad" four-letter word! Can Spring be far behind?
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:25 PM   #16

WindRowe wrote:
Quote:
tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Squirl, whats rain look like???? :-)?? Jim
It's another "bad" four-letter word! Can Spring be far behind?

yes, yes, it really can...especially if it rains from now till May, like it usually does here!! :sad: we've had over a quarter of our YEARLY average in less than 2 weeks! that doesn't bode well forwinter photo ops...

i suppose i shouldn't complain too much, though... lots of folks around here had 3 feet of water in their houses on Wednesday... water chest deep in the streets of several towns, fish swimming across highways... several houses simply washed away. i saw one news photo of a 2-story house floating off down the Cowlitz River! cvompared to those poor folks, me missing some photos is nothing. still, i do miss getting out with my cameras!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:38 PM   #17

I understand your aggravation with the rain, but I could use between 2 to 4" right now. Need it for my horse lots. Oh, take a few nice pictures of the new snow and send my way. I bet your street is pretty with the snow, however, I know that snow can be a pain for the local people at times. Here in southLa. snow is a such a rare occasion the schools take a holiday, so the kids can enjoy it. Hope it doesn't cause you to much toil in the snow.

P.S. Your neighborhood photo, looks like my kind of street, as I live in the outskirts of town. Even the house across the street looks like one nearby. I know you will not be long finding something to share with us.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:24 PM   #18

i'll come up with something, Jerry... i usually do. just lately it's been so dark and wet, it hasn't been worth even turning my FZ on! no snow yet... though they are talking about some possibly in a couple of days. so far just rain, rain, and more rain. though it did lighten up a bit today... maybe we're in for a break in the weather? hopefully next weekend will be lighter, so maybe i can get out and get some shots of... something!

cheers,

Rocky
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote