Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:19 PM   #1

Howdy, I went out yesterday to try to work with the Elpro VIb that I adapted for my camera. There is another post on how I did that. I was pleased with the progress and the detail it picked up. I am still learning...

[align=center]
<>
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:24 PM   #2

Here is a little flower too!

[align=center]
[/align]
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:29 PM   #3

My goodness, Beth. Another species of what we call "Stink Bug". These things are terrible in my tomatoes every year. No gardener has any love for them.

But let me say that, that is a very nice close up of one. Also looking at closeup lens. There is one Nikon 6t, the bid is at $91.00.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:36 PM   #4

Stink bugs...I guess they do leave a bit of a scent but my idea of a stink bug is a black beetle that sticks its rear end up when disturbed dispensing an awful odor. lol. I know these as Shield bugs but they do stink!

The Nikon 6T is a bit pricey isn't it? Stick to searching almost daily because I found a "buy now" price for a 6T for around $65. You never know what you will find if you stay on the search. I can also use the 4T but down the road if I get a different camera I will regret not having a 62mm 6T. /
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:39 PM   #5

You think the 6T is high...there is a Century Optic macro lens for $199...it better be good for that price. Anyone ever used one of these??
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:58 PM   #6

Looks like it is working really well Beth, nice shots. As I just said in another post I just bought a 4t through Amazon for $25.00. I briefly tried staking the 6t and 4t but the focusing is so touchy I just don't know if I will have the patience to use it.
Wow, $91.00 for a 6t, I think I paid about $50.00 for mine new.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:22 PM   #7

Oh yeah, that would be a challenge stacking them. Your bugs will need to be really small too. ) I think some of my jumpers were so small that I could stack the Raynox 150 and the 250. My avatar is a jumper that is set against a screen and you know how small screen holes are. Also, I tended to use a faster shutter speed to compensate for shake especially when you are zoomed in. The screen will black out saying your exposure is off but with a diffused flash, once you get it in focus (at night I used a little flashlight to help me focus) you can pull of some decent shots at that high of magnification. Well, not sure this helps but that is what I have done at times. ?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:26 PM   #8

You are doing fantastic work Beth. Every shot is better than the last. You also seem to be one of those who are gifted with the ability to adaptlens and equipment to your camera to do what you want. We have just two or three others on this forum with that same ability and I for one am jealous. Keep up the good work..............Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:03 AM   #9

Creativity that really payed off, great shots - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 5:55 AM   #10

We are overwhelmed. First Ted and his grasshopper, now you and your stink bug.

I have never tried macro (apart from the inbuilt position on the camera) but am now getting the urge

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote