Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:17 PM   #1

After posting the first untouched photos Wed. I had to do some work I had planned in the yard. Here are some photos of putting in a flower bed around my bird feeders. This is a method being tested by Texas A&M to save labor. These aren't the best photos to show off what the camera can do but whats a guy gonna do when he has to work and only wants to play? Work & play at the same time of course. Besides, It's a just a FZ50 with some software changes by Leica.

You can see the orgional sizes at http://dsr1.zoto.com/galleriesif you would like.

I had already killed the bermuda grass out in the designed area.

After digging the hole and amending the soil with compost I refill the hole and plant the desired plant. I planted a total of 16 plants in the areatoday. All what we call Xerascape plants here. (Roses, Sages,Salvias and Grasses)

I water the plant slowly, making sure I have all the air pockets out from the root system.

I'm at the City Recycle center picking up free mulch to cover the entire area I've killed out.

Now I'm just showing off the new little trailer I built and painted from photos I've taken. My wife Sue, took these trailer photos.

I'll post photos of the bird feeder area after I get all that mulch applied. Whew!! that was enough for me for one day.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:45 PM   #2

Very nice, Don. I am impressed. Also loved your mulch wagon. Seems Sue can take mighty nice photos also. Who is the strange looking fellow throwing mulch in the truck? Oh, you said you painted the wagon. My that is great work. I seem to recognize the scene with the horse on the hill as one you postedsomemonths back.

You could easily pay for the camera doing this type of art.

Jerry.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:17 PM   #3

Thanks Jerry, That strange looking fellow is me working. Better write this down, cause I don't do it often. Thanks for the compliment on my art work as well. I have not painted anything since I really got interested in photography and it felt good to try my hand at it again.

I'm a Texas Master Gardener and since I will use the trailer on a lot of projects we have going in the City I thought I'd fancy it up a bit........Don
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:34 PM   #4

Nice series of pictures Don! Better be careful letting your Wife take pictures with your camera....she may not want to give it back ! :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:45 PM   #5

You have been busy Don, makes me feel lazy! Nice series. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:39 PM   #6

Thanks Jim & Donna.

Jim, I bought a FX01B for my wife and it came in late this afternoon. She's been playing with it all evening......................Don
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:12 AM   #7

Don, That's one way to make sure she doesn't get your camera! She will love her new one! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 7:52 AM   #8

Ain't it the truth Jim. I had ordered extra batteries, 150cards, UV lens and other things, just getting ready for the big arrivle day and had noticed her looking at me a little strange after I kept receiving boxes in the post. Sue had been hinting that she wanted a small camera to carry in her purse so I decided to suprise her. It worked, shes as happy as can be...........................Don
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:18 AM   #9

nice photos and now we can put a picture to the master!!!!:-)
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:49 PM   #10

Thanks Annie but I always tell people that being a Master Gardener just means I know enough to be dangerous but I know do where to look for the answers......Don