Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 10, 2006, 6:11 PM   #1

I have owned a Panasonic FZ30 for less than 48 hours but have of course been studying the manual and exploring all the modes and menus. At risk of looking foolish, I confess that I am totally baffled by the presence of two SCN modes because the choices then offered for SCN1 and SCN2 modes are precisely the same! What am I missing which is staring me in the face?
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:45 AM   #2

You can have a different default on each, so scn1 could be sports and scn2 could be set to portrait. This is handy.

jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:22 AM   #3

thanks...I, too, have had that question but never asked. Is that so you can switch back and forth quicker?
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:41 PM   #4

Armed with that information I once again read the manual. It made more sense this time! You need to enter setup and slide down to Scene Menu which by default is AUTO. Toggle that to OFF. Then you can switch to SCN1 mode and select whatever option you most use- For example you may wish to use PORTRAIT very frequently. Next switch to SCN2 mode and select another scene type that you may use often for example SPORT. In future, if you then select either of these two modes the default scene mode will be the one that you have just preset to SCN1 or SCN2. This saves you entering the menu options and scrolling through to whichever of these two options you want to use.

Once you have determined the two most frequently used options, I am sure that this would be a convenient pair of modes to have at your disposal and with so little effort selecting them. The two I have illustrated would enable you to go watch your favourite, fast moving sport taking pictures as you watch followed by portraits of the star scorers in the game! Tongue in cheek of course!:G
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote