Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:19 PM   #1

for those - if any -among you who wonder why i haven't been posting much lately, here's why. this is the view outside my garage door. this isn't at 8 in the morning, or 4 in the afternoon. this is at NOON, the middle of the day. this is as bright as it's gonna get all day, and even at that, i could only manage 1/50 @ f2.8 by metering on the sky! if i metered on the house across the street, my shutter speed dropped to 1/13! so, yeah... that's why i don't get out an' shoot much in the winter!!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:17 PM   #2

I feel for ya as in part of British Columbia they have boil water notices due to the amount of run and all the run off in the local water reservoir!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 5:38 PM   #3

I know how frustrated you must feel. Maybe you could do some portraits indoors...wish I could send you some sunshine. Or how about cityscapes at night. That could be exciting! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:35 PM   #4

Oh wow...

Yeah, how about some still life? :sad:
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:00 PM   #5

i may have to... it's still raining. over 13 inches this month, the wettest November since 1945. another couple of inches, and it'll take the record as the rainiest month EVER here... an' that's sayin' something! really sucks for photography...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"unfortunately, even to get good still life shots, you need decent natural light... and as dark as it is these days, even at noon, that's hard to come by. maybe i'll wrap my FZ20 in Saran Wrap (TM) and go shoot pics of ducks or somethin'... :sad: that or just pack the thing away an' let it hibernate till spring, and hope the sun comes back before Memorial Day...
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:48 PM   #6

Yes Rocky, I appreciate how you feel....This is a picture of my local beach taken yesterday morning. With a temperature of only 23C (73F), no wonder the beach is deserted!

(taken by my daughter with an Oly((unfortunately)) )

Fred

Attached Images

Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:43 PM   #7

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
Yes Rocky, I appreciate how you feel....This is a picture of my local beach taken yesterday morning. With a temperature of only 23C, no wonder the beach is deserted!

(taken by my daughter with an Oly((unfortunately)) )

Fred
aaaarrrggghhh!!! :evil: can i come visit you, Fred??? i want some sunshine!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:51 PM   #8

I need to find a hanky to wipe up those precious tears or you will add to the rain there! ) Well, hopefully things will brighten up some. :sad:
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:13 PM   #9

I'd certainly swap some sunshine for some rain! With only a couple of showers in last 4 months, the whole city on severe water restrictions and half the landscape brown and dying, we could use any rain anyone can spare...
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:20 PM   #10

i'd be happy to send some of ours your way... if i could figger out how to reverse the jet stream! of course, that'd probably really screw up something else, an' everyone would hate me, so... oh well. but the rain held off and it did brighten up briefly today... long enough for me to clean up the dead leaves in the back yard and put up some Christmas lights...

we've had over three times our average rainfall for this month... going on 15 inches just in November. now they're talking about snow! i suppose if it snows, there might be some photo ops, but unless it brightens up a lot, the cameras won't ever get out the door! it's hard to take decent shots when the best readings you can manage at noon are 1/60 @ f2.8...