Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:28 AM   #1

Just got my new FZ50. Came with a 32MB SD card, but I also bought a RiDATA 4GB 150X card with it. Unfortunately, whenever I put the RiDATA in, I get an ERROR message- can't even get into the camera menu. No problems with the supplied 32MB Panasonic card. No trouble reading the RiDATA in my external card reader. Reformatted it using the card reader hoping that would help, but no dice. (Can't use in-camera formatting since I can't get past the ERROR msg.)

Anyone have any advice? I'm out of the country now, so I can't even send the card back for replacement.
jhumur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2006, 7:21 AM   #2

Sorry you are having this problem. I am using the Redata 150x 2GB card and having no problems at all. You say you can't send the card back because you are out of the country. Have you moved or just on a trip? I'm sure if you e-mailed who ever you bought it fromthat they wouldexchange the card. They should not care where it's mailed from. I decided to stay with the 2GB cards because, as this proves, things can happen to a card and I would loose fewer shots if something did.........Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:00 AM   #3

I'm on a extended assignment out of the good ol' USofA for a while, won't be back for 6 months. But, more importantly, I need the camera for some serious shooting. Bought it through Amazon, but I think it came from a third-party vendor. I'll email Amazon.

I was hoping someone here could identify a simple solution, other than getting it replaced.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:31 AM   #4

It seems your Ridata card is not a SDHC card and will not work in a FZ50........ANy card over 2 gbs must be SDHC to work in the FZ50....

This card should work...... Notice the SDHC markings.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211067
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:00 AM   #5

Ya, dude! That has got to be the problem. Scheisse! Thanks for your help, guys.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:58 PM   #6

And BTW, if your card reader is not HC cards, you'll have to get a new one for reading that card out of the FZ50.

The SanDisk Micromateis a good choice, small, fast, and reads normal SDandSDHC cards as well.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote