Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:31 PM   #11

Hi to you Bootneck3, no problem about leaving. I am sure it is going to be a while before I feel good enough about all these new things that I would leave my FZ30 at home.

If I ever reach that point I think I will have my FZ30 bronzed like a kids first shoes it will be my first camera. I am surprised that after 14 months of owning my first camera I am getting a new one that is suppose to do more things.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

Bootneck3 wrote:

Quote:
Don't leave us!.....Don't leave us!
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:54 PM   #12

Roger,

That camera has caught my eye too...image stablilization, weather sealed, 10 pixels, and 999.00. Seems like a great deal. Let me know how you like it. D onna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:17 PM   #13

I have been looking and comparing for a few months now and for what I want I think it is the best choice. I also like the dust thing since I will be changing lenses real often. Now I have to take my Nikon TCE17 on and off many times every day. I don't know how long it takes to change a lens but it can't be much longer that what I am doing now.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

D.Ann wrote:

Quote:
Roger,

That camera has caught my eye too...image stablilization, weather sealed, 10 pixels, and 999.00. Seems like a great deal. Let me know how you like it. D onna
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:34 PM   #14

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
Evening MR. SQUIRL033, I am hoping the overlap will let me not have to change lenses so often.

Remote shutter release and a tripod and a monopod are part of my order.

A special THANK YOU for all the help you have given me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

you're more than welcome, Roger. i know you'll do well, and you'll have a lot of fun with it as well. the K10D looks like an excellent camera, and i'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. and if you're like me, Fred will have nothing to fear, because you'll still use the FZ when you don't feel likel lugging all that paraphernalia with you... and the Bigma is no lightweight! i find there are times when i use my FZ20 just because it's easier, if perhaps a bit less capable, and other times i take the FZ along with the Canon, because it does some things very, very well, and i never know when the opportunity will arise. so don't bronze that puppy just yet... you may find you'll use it more than you think! :G
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:44 PM   #15

I am sure the old trusty FZ30 will be with me for a long time. It has taken me over a year to feel comfortable with it. I expect my keepers witll be with the FZ30 for quite a while. I am working on a couple of harnesses to help with the bigma size and weight.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
Evening MR. SQUIRL033, I am hoping the overlap will let me not have to change lenses so often.

Remote shutter release and a tripod and a monopod are part of my order.

A special THANK YOU for all the help you have given me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

you're more than welcome, Roger. i know you'll do well, and you'll have a lot of fun with it as well. the K10D looks like an excellent camera, and i'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. and if you're like me, Fred will have nothing to fear, because you'll still use the FZ when you don't feel likel lugging all that paraphernalia with you... and the Bigma is no lightweight! i find there are times when i use my FZ20 just because it's easier, if perhaps a bit less capable, and other times i take the FZ along with the Canon, because it does some things very, very well, and i never know when the opportunity will arise. so don't bronze that puppy just yet... you may find you'll use it more than you think! :G
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:27 PM   #16

Excellent choice. That looks like a killer camera for the price. Canon and Nikon need to catch up with Pentax and Sony, and offer internal image stabilization to not start losing market share. I personally have the (discontinued, but fabulous) Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D with the Tamron 28-300XR lens (as well as a bunch of other lenses and accessories). The Tamron is a fantastic lens with great optics and image quality across its range. I did in-depth comparisons with much more expensive lenses and the Tamron measured up very well.

You'll love your new setup.

And while I am an former FZ user, I have come to enjoy the people in this forum and keep coming back once in a while. I am sure you won't be a stranger either.

Rainer

http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:36 PM   #17

Congrads on the new camera Roger. Sounds like a good choice. I know you'll enjoy it and it won't take you long to be shooting and getting those great shots we're used to from you. I noticed you had Sigma teleconverters 1.4 & 2 on your list. Can you add teleconverter lens to the front of the Sigma 50-500 like we add the TCON 17 to the FZ lenses?....................Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:52 AM   #18

Hope you enjoy your new camera,

the zoom capacity is really impressive (don't know if you can stack the teleconverters) but 1.4 x 2.0 x (1.5 crop factor) x 500mm = 2100mm :? as 35mm equivallent or in pana style a 60x zoom

hope to see some shots when it arrives - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:47 PM   #19

Good morning Rainer, Good news on the lens. Like you I always will be in and out of this here place.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Excellent choice. That looks like a killer camera for the price. Canon and Nikon need to catch up with Pentax and Sony, and offer internal image stabilization to not start losing market share. I personally have the (discontinued, but fabulous) Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D with the Tamron 28-300XR lens (as well as a bunch of other lenses and accessories). The Tamron is a fantastic lens with great optics and image quality across its range. I did in-depth comparisons with much more expensive lenses and the Tamron measured up very well.

You'll love your new setup.

And while I am an former FZ user, I have come to enjoy the people in this forum and keep coming back once in a while. I am sure you won't be a stranger either.

Rainer

http://euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:49 PM   #20

Hi Don, I sure hope you are right about it won't take to long to figure the thing out. What I understand is the teleconver goes between the camera and the lens??????

TOTALLY WACKY roger

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Congrads on the new camera Roger. Sounds like a good choice. I know you'll enjoy it and it won't take you long to be shooting and getting those great shots we're used to from you. I noticed you had Sigma teleconverters 1.4 & 2 on your list. Can you add teleconverter lens to the front of the Sigma 50-500 like we add the TCON 17 to the FZ lenses?....................Don