Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:55 AM   #1
RBW

Default Battery for FZ1

Where can I buy a spare battery for the FZ1 in the UK. I am having great difficulty finding one.
RBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2003, 11:18 AM   #2

Hi RBW. Seems as though it's still effectively early days for this camera in UK ( I had to wait 3 weeks for delivery of mine) and accessories are similarly in short supply. I assume you checked the Panasonic site which advises there's a month's wait for the battery, a mere snip at 57.59

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/ashop/pro...a=CGA-S002E/1B

In an earlier thread here a US-based user reckoned s/he would wait for an APM version of the battery 'cos of the price. Crikey, I hope your requirement isn't urgent.

Norm
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2003, 3:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by normjackson

In an earlier thread here a US-based user reckoned s/he would wait for an APM version of the battery 'cos of the price. Crikey, I hope your requirement isn't urgent.

Norm
That was me

I found an AM battery, but it's in Hong Kong and they want a 20 unit minimum order. I had asked around (on here and other boards) if anyone was interested in going in with me, but I didn't get a very good response.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2003, 4:41 AM   #4

What a miserable lot :roll: M'be time to emigrate...

Are you still waiting to get a spare battery? Would you say not having a spare seriously undermines the camera's usefulness for a serious (or at least semi-serious) day's shooting?

I see there's a thread lower down where someone asked if it's OK to charge up still partly charged batteries. Wonder if it's safe to assume that the lack of a response means there's nothing to worry about?

Don't know if you checked the thread I mentioned earlier in "Bird Forum". Having publicly praised the camera and suggested it would be suitable for nature photography, I'm starting to feel anxious to know whether supply problems for Panasonic will be resolved.

Maybe it's time for me to emigrate... :?
Old Jul 1, 2003, 5:51 AM   #5

In case you're still looking RBW, someone on the BirdForum site has just found this distributer :

http://eurobatteries.com

37.75 for DMC-FZ1 battery in UK.

Should mention for anyone having difficulties, they also apparently do deliveries to Europe and North America.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 7:25 AM   #6

Default Fz1 battery

I have just received my battery from eurobatteries.com . It only took only three days from order to delivery. When I tried Panasonic they still haven't any available.
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2003, 7:42 AM   #7

I found another source that has them for about $45(?) US. I don't have the URL with me right now, I'll post it later.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 9:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by normjackson
In case you're still looking RBW, someone on the BirdForum site has just found this distributer :

http://eurobatteries.com

37.75 for DMC-FZ1 battery in UK.

Should mention for anyone having difficulties, they also apparently do deliveries to Europe and North America.

Any idea on how long it would take for delivery to the US?
flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 10:47 AM   #9

Sorry flakes I dunno I only see that they promise same day dispatch.

I have PMed David Elson hoping he may be able to tell us whether he's happy with the quality of what he received.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 4:23 PM   #10

Default New Battery for FZ1

Yes I'm happy with the battery I received from eurobatteries.com so far. The speed with which they fulfilled my order compared to some companies I have dealt with on the internet was first class.
The label on the side of the battery has no makers name only that its for the Panasonic and Model number DMW-BM7 and 7.2 v/Li-ion 680Ah.

David
David Elson is offline   Reply With Quote