Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:41 PM   #1

No flash. The bridge shot in the background was also with the fx01, in night scene mode.

[align=center][/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:55 PM   #2

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here.
shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:20 PM   #3

shutter_bug wrote:
Quote:
I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here.
My grandaughter made the little stick table, about 3" high. It's sitting on a book shelf. The bridge print is bent concavely around the inside corner. To theleft is a lamp.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 1:11 AM   #4

Very interesting !! Fooled me at first. I thought it was a PP set up.

So judging from the size of the chair, the bridge print must be 6"x 8" ??
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 9:06 AM   #5

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
Very interesting !! Fooled me at first. I thought it was a PP set up.

So judging from the size of the chair, the bridge print must be 6"x 8" ??
Straight from the camera with a little cropping. 10 x 7.5 print.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:59 AM   #6

Wonderful picture Fred. Beautiful detail and reflections on the self. Nicely done.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:09 PM   #7

Nice shot Fred. I was like Shitterbug, I wasn't sure what I was looking at until I read your explanation. As I said before, I got Sue the FX01 because of your post and she is loving it......................................Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:34 PM   #8

Hi - I'm butting in a bit here - but I was looking at the Panasonic FX01 today. Wanting to upgrade from my Fuji F700 which takes great outside photos but not good in low light. You seem to be pleased with the FX01. I was also looking at the FX50 - any comments appreciated.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:49 AM   #9

Don -Nice to hear your wife is enjoying her fx01. Get her to post a couple of pics.

Shari - The outdoor capability of the fx01 is top notch for such a small camera, IMO. The indoor lowlight capability leaves something to be desired, as is the case with almost all non-dslr digicams, the sole exception being the super ccd fuji's. With this indoor shot I was able to get good results with the fx01set atiso200 (1/30s) due to the bright lamp light on the shelf. I am seriously considering getting the fuji f20 or f30 for indoor use. They are essentially the same with the f30 having aperture and shutter priority and costing about $30 more ($170 vs $200).

The fx01 28mm lens is the reason I got it; that and its ultra-compact size. The fx50 is also 28mm but is more acompact size (as are the f20/30) vs ultra-compact . The fx50 has a 3" lcd and somewhat more useable higher iso than the fx01 but not nearly as high as the f20/30.

Fred
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:57 PM   #10

Thanks Fred. I am in such a delimma. Our prices in Canada are a bit more even with the exchange it seems. The F30 is $389.99. The FX01 is the same price as is the Nikon S8 that I was looking at. The FX50 is $549.00 plus we have a hefty 14% tax. My concern is - am I going to want a new P & S again next year?? This will be my third camera since Mar 05 when I interested in photography and PSE. One of the reviews I read said the Fuji F30 had a wide angle lens - I wrote that down but I don't see anyone else mentioning that - is that so? I think I just have to pick something in the next week or so so Santa can get on with his shopping. It was better when I knew nothing about cameras!!! Thanks for your comments.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote