Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:35 AM   #11

Well Jim, I don't mind looking at your K10D shots, and they are very nice! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:58 AM   #12

Thanks Donna! I appreciate your comments. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:26 PM   #13

Hi Jim!

hey nice shots from the K10D ! It took me at least 1month to get comfortable with the Oly E1 and I'm still learning all of its features.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:02 PM   #14

Thanks Harjtt ! I know what you mean, the learning curve with the DSLR is quite a bit steeper than for the Panasonics! :-) Jim
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:03 PM   #15

Nice shot Jim. I've been gone for a few days and did not know you got the K10D. Looks like a nice camera. Are you keeping the FZ30? If not come on back to us now and then. We will all miss your post................................Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:59 PM   #16

Thanks Don! Yes I got the K10D two weeks ago Friday. I've taken over 1100 pictures already! I really like it but have a lot yet to learn with it. I've been posting pictures in the Pentax forum and was putting this one there but placed it here by mistake! Old habits or a senior moment ! Hope your enjoying the V-Lux 1, I'll stay in touch! Jim
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:15 PM   #17

Hi Tiger,

I am the owner of an FZ20 and have been contemplating moving up to a dSLR. The K10D is on my short list. I was wondering why you chose this model over the Canon, Nikon or Pentax in the same price range? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:27 PM   #18

Narcis, The reason I selected the K10D over the Canon and the Nikon is because of the features, such as Image stabilization and automatic dust removal. I also liked the feel and build quality. The reviews for all three cameras gave the Pentax K10D higher IQ ratings over the other two also. I've had and used Canon and Nikon cameras before and am much more satisified with the Pentax. I've taken over 1100 pictures in the two weeks I've had the camera and have been VERY pleased with the results. After using the Panasonic FZ series cameras with the image stabilization I would never buy another camera without it ! Hope that helps you in your decision! Jim