Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:26 PM   #31

It is OK we disagree. So the best thing to do is we can agree that we disagree.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
No disrespect intended but I disagree for two reasons.

1. They are Panasonic FZ30 photos

2. The photos may give some of the folks that read this formun a new idea on how to make some extra money with their panasonic cameras.
Roger, I'm afraid I also have to disagree:

1. No matter what model Panasonic you have, this is not the place for polemic photography. Next thing you know, postings will include blood stained shots, on-the-scene accident photos, war casualties photos, etc. Catch my drift ??

2. To make money ain'tthe reason why mostpeople buy their consumer type cameras for. That would be bestfor suited forthe DSLR forum, and there you won't see postedany shocking photos either.

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:00 PM   #32

Yes Roger, I agree with that. I always enjoy your wildlife photos and hope you keep posting.

And these are themoments when you really get to know the people in these forums.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:02 PM   #33

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
Our hunts are 6 days long. 1 day at the range to make sure they are good with their gun and 6 days in the field.
Roger, check your math.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:34 PM   #34

Double Dumb of the day award to Wacky ME. 1 day at the range and then 5 days in the field.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

jotajota wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
Our hunts are 6 days long. 1 day at the range to make sure they are good with their gun and 6 days in the field.
Roger, check your math.
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:07 AM   #35

We do learn on this forum. Apparantly, those of us who eat meat, fish and fowl are hypocritical if we are against the hunting of wild animals for sport.

I find it equally offensive when a personal view is stated that, it becomes "an imposition of a self righteous view"

Wow! mirror mirror on the wall......
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:44 PM   #36

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
We do learn on this forum. Apparantly, those of us who eat meat, fish and fowl are hypocritical if we are against the hunting of wild animals for sport.

I find it equally offensive when a personal view is stated that, it becomes "an imposition of a self righteous view"

Wow! mirror mirror on the wall......
Fred, I'M against hunting for SPORT. i just don't have a problem with people hunting if they eat what they kill. as Roger said, these hunters do. my point was that whether a hunter kills his own game, or Joe Sixpack just goes and buys a steak, either way, an animal dies. at least the elk lived free, and had a sporting chance, which is a lot more than the cow that my last hamburger came from got. i find it curious that those whocheerfully eatfish, fowl, or burgers that came from an animal raised in captivity and slaughteredwith no hope whatsoever for a life of freedom, should be so adamantly opposed to someone hunting wild, free-roaminggameto putmeat on their table.

and i never said you were trying to impose your views on anyone. did you even read the posts Roger linked to? THOSE were the kind of people i was talking about, and they DO try to impose their views on others. i've seen them on the street doing just that, many times. they hate anyone who doesn't agree with them, they physicallyassault people for simply wearing leather or fur, and generally try to inimidate and bully people into acquiescing to their radical viewpoint. there's a world of difference between those obnoxious creeps and people who simply don't likehunting.

i understand that you dislike people who kill animals without reason, for sport, for the thrill of it. heck, so do i! i certainly never said you were a hypocrite because you eat meat but don't like sport hunting. i just don't see a lot of difference between someone who hunts for food, whokills an animal and takes the meat home to his family, and the person who eats meat, but simply bypasses the killing process by purchasing it at the corner grocer's. either way, an animal forfeits its life. the only difference is whose hands get bloody. at least the hunter is honest enough to openly acknowledge the fact that for him to eat meat, an animal must die, and he's got the fortitude and the skillto go out and do it himself.

but you're right. we do learn... and not all of it's about cameras. *sigh* hopefully you and i can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:08 PM   #37

Nice shots Roger, both with the camera, and the gentleman with the rifle. Wish I was there. I love the outdoors, including hunting and fishing, so some of my recreational dollars actually goes to support wildlife. But please, nonhunters, or I should more accurately say "anti-hunters" keep your negative comments to yourself. We've heard all your debates to support your opinion as well as you've heard ours to support our opinion. We're not going to convince each other differently anyway. So let's just have respect for each other. And by the way, since you're a living, breathing, person, you ate something that died so you could sustain you own life, so quit be hipocritical.
mobil1 is offline   Reply With Quote