Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:33 PM   #1

??? is emotion part of a good photo ???

Photos = Emotion = Good or Bad

Yesterday I posted a couple of photos that has cause emotion to come out at a very high level.
Link to the post: http://forums.dpreview.com/... .../readflat.asp?forum=1033&thread=21183733
I thought that large part of a photo was it needed to wake up the viewers emotion. Nothing to do with good or bad but to get your emotion to activate.
--
TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 5:55 PM   #2

I think they are excellent photos. Brings emotions to the surface and you have done that well. If you are raised in that environment , as I was, at a hunting and fishing lodge, that is a way of life. Trapping, hunting, fishing and guiding at a very early age were the way things were done for me. At fifteen a shot a bull moose with a antler spread of 68 inches, he was big, however he did not have an easy death as it took several shots to kill him after he was knocked down. It was not pleasant. I have shot many animals since that day but only with a camera. I still have rifles but shoot only targets and hubcaps. Guess I dont have "the right stuff."
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:54 PM   #3

Wow, Roger, I would say you stir emotions among the so called do-gooders and self righteous. I wonder if anyone has ever given thought to the fact that fore every morsel of food that they eat, something had to die, whether plants(vegetarians), chicken, seafood, beef, pork, or what have you.

As I said before about these photos in your post here, I would congratulate on great photos well captured, but someone took my rubber stamp when I wasn't looking.:-x:G
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:21 PM   #4

I don't quite understand how folks don't get the fact that hunting is moderated reasonably due to large herds? It is all alot of knee jerk and undiscerning reaction. imho...
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:30 PM   #5

dwssas thanks for your post and for taking the time to look. IMHO it is OK to disagree but not OK to not respect other peoples opinion.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

dwssas wrote:
Quote:
I think they are excellent photos. Brings emotions to the surface and you have done that well. If you are raised in that environment , as I was, at a hunting and fishing lodge, that is a way of life. Trapping, hunting, fishing and guiding at a very early age were the way things were done for me. At fifteen a shot a bull moose with a antler spread of 68 inches, he was big, however he did not have an easy death as it took several shots to kill him after he was knocked down. It was not pleasant. I have shot many animals since that day but only with a camera. I still have rifles but shoot only targets and hubcaps. Guess I dont have "the right stuff."
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:32 PM   #6

Evening Jerry, What did you do with your other rubber stamp?? I bet you hid it for safe keeping. One of these days you will find it and then you will remember putting it there.

What a great statement "I wonder if anyone has ever given thought to the fact that fore every morsel of food that they eat, something had to die, whether plants(vegetarians), chicken, seafood, beef, pork, or what have you"

Thanks for commenting and looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Wow, Roger, I would say you stir emotions among the so called do-gooders and self righteous. I wonder if anyone has ever given thought to the fact that fore every morsel of food that they eat, something had to die, whether plants(vegetarians), chicken, seafood, beef, pork, or what have you.

As I said before about these photos in your post here, I would congratulate on great photos well captured, but someone took my rubber stamp when I wasn't looking.:-x:G
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:39 PM   #7

I must be a do- gooder and self righteous. I found the pictures disturbing.

Culling of wild life is often necessary and I support the culling here in Australia of kangaroos, foxes, camels, donkeys etc which reach plague proportions, providing the culling is done by professionals.

To shoot for "sport" non aggressive animals is despicable.
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:41 PM   #8

Roger, I don't claim to originate that statement about food and the food chain, and I don't know that I stated it exactly, but you do get the context of it. Thanks for the comment.

P.S. Searching with renewed vigor for the other stamp. Guess I have to bequeath the missing one to you know who.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:44 PM   #9

Hi Beth, thanks for looking and commenting.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Beth Ellen wrote:
Quote:
I don't quite understand how folks don't get the fact that hunting is moderated reasonably due to large herds? It is all alot of knee jerk and undiscerning reaction. imho...
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:47 PM   #10

Evening Bootneck3, I hope all is well for you and yours.

Thank you for looking and for commenting. I disagree, but that is Ok I also respect your right to your opinion and you for posting it. Thank You.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
I must be a do- gooder and self righteous. I found the pictures disturbing.

Culling of wild life is often necessary and I support the culling here in Australia of kangaroos, foxes, camels, donkeys etc which reach plague proportions, providing the culling is done by professionals.

To shoot for "sport" non aggressive animals is despicable.