Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:43 AM   #1

Heres some images I took the other day, it took hours to get these and I was quite pleased with the effort I put in as it was cold :? thats why you can see horse breath in some pics.

I got the effect I was after, the haze and general feeling of a day falling into the sun as the lonley fields get drenched in bright sunlight, so I got the sun behind all the horses and it made them be in shadow and that gave them a bright halo around them, lighting their furry parts.

I didnt think I would be able to do it with the Panasonic FZ30, so its suprised me, still it did take about 300 shots to get these :-)

Anyway here they are, the first 3 images are the ones I like the best as they have the effective effect of light on the right parts of the horses, so lclick them pics for bigger pictures as you can see more detail like dust and breath and fur etc.. click ALL SIZES

Twighlight Shadowplay

Over and Under

Dusty Sunlight

Where The Sun Dont Shine

Sunnyside Hill Eatout

A Horse With Flair

A Right Mouthfull

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:47 AM   #2

Bugger messed up the title of the thread I guess you cannot edit a title etc.. shame.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:00 PM   #3

Very nice use of light and shadow. My favorite is Dusty Sunlight. These are your best pictures I have seen in my opinion....Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:00 PM   #4

Well I guess I liked them so much I posted twice!...Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:29 PM   #5

Your efforts really paid off those are excellent images. The only thing I am not fond of is the sun spots in the next to last one, other than that I think it is a beautiful image.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 2:37 PM   #6

Thanks a lot

Hey its hard to tell exactly what the final results are like as on the small camera screen its so difficult to tell whats going on exactly, I wish I could plug the camera into a big screen to take photos :G

The lens flair can be extreme at times and you get a image full of red dots other times, but on the whole the more I snapped away the more chance I would get one that I liked. I was very happy when I got home and found lots had turned out like I wanted and some just went very wrong indeed.

I didnt know my camera could do this, I thought it was a more upper class SLR effect that I would never really capture, glad I was wrong and at least tried it. I hope to get back to the exact same spot and do it all over again.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:28 PM   #7

I like these a lot. Sunnyside Hill Eatout is my favorite.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 8:12 PM   #8

Hard to pick a favorite. I like the horses and the way you played with the lighting. Waiting for moons and horses. Maybe you can combine them.:-)
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:16 PM   #9

Very nice series, excelent work !!! Besides a good handling of the camerathey show a very creative person behind the lens. Thanks for sharing.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:25 AM   #10

Great series of shots, all of them are great but if I have to pick a favorite its the "Horse with Flair"

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote