Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:27 PM   #11

Thanks Roger
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 3:03 AM   #12

Love #2. Nice shot.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:21 AM   #13

Thanks for the comment rafinmelb. #2's my favorite also. I couldn't get on the property for a better angle on the first shot, and had to use the 12x on it.

Don
Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:08 PM   #14

That second shot is fantastic. I love it. I love the angled perspective and the way the dead trees halo out into the blue sky.
DMCFZRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 8:20 PM   #15

Don, I didn't mention it before, but as for as the tractors, #2 is my favorite. I believe it a good bit older than the the tractor in #1.. Wonder what the year and make is? I am really surprised at the condition of it and wonder why someone hasn't restored it. I know there are people who would love to get their hands on it, and also the one in the first photo. And don't forget that '56 Ford. I agree with you and Ted, that "56 & "57 was the years for Ford and Chevy, with the '57 Chevy being a prize in my area.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 9:45 PM   #16

Pretty sure it was a 56 Ford Fairlane. My parents had a new one with the 312 Thunderbird V8 !!
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:37 PM   #17

Thanks Richie, Jerry and lesmore. I'm thinking of starting in one corner of my county and driving as many country roads as I can all the way across, just looking for old stuff like that. I should have quite a collection by the time I'm done. Probably take a couple of years at least.

Don
Old Dec 18, 2006, 1:38 AM   #18

Nice shots. By the way, the Fairlane is a '55. '55 had round parking lights. In '56, the parking lights were rectangular. Side trim was similar but different in '56, also.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:20 AM   #19

These relics of Americana are disappearing much too fast. This old Chevy sat beside Hwy 65 in the Arkansas Ozarks for many years. I took this picture on the weekend about a month ago with my FZ10. I went back the next weekend with a wide angle lens on my DSLR to take some shots of the truck, and itwas gone. I can't describe the sadness I felt.
Attached Images

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:56 AM   #20

Hi Lucky,

Thanks for looking and comenting. The Ford could certainly be a 55. I don't remember the little changes that were made year to year, just the body style before it changed in 57.

You should post your pickup pictures on a post by it self. More folks will see it that way. It is a shame that these old relichs are disapearing but I hope that means someone is restoring them. That would be great.

Don