Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:07 AM   #1

I was driving around out in the country looking for shots and found these. I thought the first one was an interesting combination. Nice junk isn't it.

This old tractor was just setting in the middle of the field like that was where it broke down long ago.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:16 AM   #2

Very nice shots, Don. These kind of photos are always interesting to me. Old farms, homesteads, machinery, etc. They help to remind us of our past and how far we have come. BTW, do you get RFD TV? They have a program on tractors, especially vintage tractors. There are people who restore them and have tractor shows, same as the cars. Surprised someone hasn't done that with these relics. The car is also an antique now. Looks like a 1956 Ford Fairlane.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:29 AM   #3

Thanks Jerry for the comments. That is a 56 Ford but I'm not sure which. One of the prettiest cars I've seen was a 56 Ford Crown Vic. One of the rich kids in my high school had it. Bran new but repainted a light metalic blue and lowered all around. I still think of that car today.We were not rich but my dad still gave me the old family car.a 52 Nash Ambassador. Uuuuuggggggly!

Don
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:52 AM   #4

Cool pictures Don! I love anything vintage...and Gerry we get that show here, RFD. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:42 AM   #5

Nice shots Don, I too like photos like this. The way some of those old motors were made I would not be surprised if, with a little work, that tractor could be running. My cousins had an old tractor that looked very much like that but a lot smaller. We used to run it around in the redwoods running into trees and over stumps and anywhere it would go. Luckily none of us ever go hurt on it.
I have to argue with you about the car though, the prettiest was a 57 Chevy convertible, black, red interior, lowered in the front and jacked up in the rear. Plus, it saved on gas because you were always driving downhill.:-):-):-)
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:52 AM   #6

I also live in farm countryside and I luv shots like this too. I hope to get out next spring and summer and do some shots like this!!! Keep them coming!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:56 AM   #7

Thanks Donna and Ted for the comments.

Ted, The 57 Chevy was a beautiful car and with the 283 cui. engine it was a runner. I was just empressed that the rich kid could, not only have a new car, but put it in the shop and have it completely re-done. That metlic blue paint, matching blue tuck and roll seat covers and slamed down on the ground made it a sight to behold. The wrap over crown on the 2 door hard topdidn't hurt any either.

Don
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:58 AM   #8

Thanks Annie. Your post was not up when I answered the others.

Don
Old Dec 16, 2006, 1:03 PM   #9

Yep Don, they were both beautiful cars and I would take either one of them right now. That is, as long as someone else did the restoration. I think we all had one of those rich kids around that always had the things we wanted. Now all I really want is more cameras and lenses. At least they are cheaper then cars.:-):-)
d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Donna and Ted for the comments.

Ted, The 57 Chevy was a beautiful car and with the 283 cui. engine it was a runner. I was just empressed that the rich kid could, not only have a new car, but put it in the shop and have it completely re-done. That metlic blue paint, matching blue tuck and roll seat covers and slamed down on the ground made it a sight to behold. The wrap over crown on the 2 door hard topdidn't hurt any either.

Don
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:11 PM   #10

Two cooool photos. You did gooood.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote