Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 17, 2006, 6:59 PM   #1

I took one photo without a flash, high zoom from about 16 feet away, and it blurred, so I tried the same shot with flash and it came out like this (framing isn't perfect, but I thought the lighting came out pretty):
Attached Images

DMCFZRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:00 PM   #2

Original without flash
Attached Images

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:23 PM   #3

Are you using Spot Focus? If not youshould be able tospot on the ducks to get good focus and lighten the photo up later on the computer.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:10 AM   #4

I quite like the lighting, but the focus is a little soft.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:19 AM   #5

They sure cute little ducks, they remind me of ones we had when I was a youngster.
I agree, the lighting is much better but as the others said the focus is still a little soft. As Don mentioned spot focus would be best here. If you were not using it the camera could have focused on the branches in front of the ducks.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:07 AM   #6

I believe I was using multi-point, yes, so that is probably the problem I was having. I haven't honestly figured out the scenarios that each metering/AFsetting should be used in. That's part of why I signed up for this forum, was to try to learn those sorts of things.

I def thought that the picture with the flash came out more 'in focus' than the clearly-out-of-focus non-flash one.

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
Are you using Spot Focus? If not youshould be able tospot on the ducks to get good focus and lighten the photo up later on the computer.

Don
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:09 AM   #7

That's probably exactly what happened in the non-flash version where it's so blurry. Thanks for the tips, I'm here to learn!

:idea:

tcook wrote:
Quote:
They sure cute little ducks, they remind me of ones we had when I was a youngster.
I agree, the lighting is much better but as the others said the focus is still a little soft. As Don mentioned spot focus would be best here. If you were not using it the camera could have focused on the branches in front of the ducks.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:14 AM   #8

I learned everything I know about photography and a ton of tips on the camera right here on this forum. I still have a long way to go and the people on this forum seem more willing to help than any other forum out there. Glad to have you and keep posting.

Don

DMCFZRichie wrote:
Quote:
I believe I was using multi-point, yes, so that is probably the problem I was having. I haven't honestly figured out the scenarios that each metering/AFsetting should be used in. That's part of why I signed up for this forum, was to try to learn those sorts of things.

I def thought that the picture with the flash came out more 'in focus' than the clearly-out-of-focus non-flash one.

d-sr wrote:
Quote:

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:21 AM   #9

I will, gladly, and it may take me a while to correctly use my new knowledge, but trust me, I'm already listening.

I'm going to post a couple of pictures of some old buildings abandoned that I found on 15-501 South about a year ago in southern North Carolina. They were beautiful. The 'old tractor' post inspired me to dig them out of the relics.

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
I learned everything I know about photography and a ton of tips on the camera right here on this forum. I still have a long way to go and the people on this forum seem more willing to help than any other forum out there. Glad to have you and keep posting.

Don