Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 27, 2003, 2:55 PM   #1

Default FZ1 in black / silver / pink...

Hi

Aside for color, is there any difference between those models ?

10x,

Erez
ErezKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 3:25 PM   #2

No difference in spec. Somewhere I read someone recommending the black version after seeing demo cameras in both finishes, I think. Certainly had seen a silver-finished version that had started to look a little grubby.

The pink version is only available by special order to persons with plastic smiles and matching coloured poodles
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 8:50 PM   #3

If they're the same camera except for the color, why is there as much as a $60 price difference??

I was wondering if maybe the silver body is a different material, not as sturdy?
flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 5:08 AM   #4

It's possible there are differences flakes but I suspect that doesn't account for the price difference. The first retailer to advertise them as available here in Britain was a French company; I was too conservative to buy from them, and anyway decided I'd wait for the reviews to come out. At that time they advertised the black model as in stock one week and the next it might be silver. I assumed they must be receiving stocks in "dribs and drabs". They made no distinction in pricing of the two models. Of course I could be wrong, but I suspect the pricing difference currently comes down to "supply and demand" issues rather than anything else with more silver cameras available and more consumers asking for black.

I doubt a possible case material issue would be a big factor in determining the robustness or longevity of the camera. The cosmetic issue is of course a personal one. For my part, I'd rather put any difference in cost towards a memory card, a filter and case (got these three for 25) and a spare battery. And many thanks to David Elson for his comments on his successful battery purchase.
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 5:39 AM   #5

Hi
My comment about colour is that here in aussie both cameras are the same price . So thats not an issue here . But the black might look better when you have the lans shade adapter fitted ( its black) since there will be a black ring at the end of the lens on the silver cameras. I have a silver one simply because I did not want to wait for a black one cheers all.....
Cav
brianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 7:20 AM   #6

I have to agree with Steve... I think I'll get the silver and put the difference towards an extra battery - once I can find one!
flakes is offline   Reply With Quote