Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 5, 2007, 7:20 PM   #1

Wacky Roger is Crazy!!!!!

YUP!!! Crazy can be fun. Starting December 29, 2006 I started getting all my new toys set up and outfitted.

New Camera Wagon: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. All the off road stuff is ready to go and now I am working on the interior so it will survive my in and outs in all kinds of weather. This thing has 3 different 4 wheel drive systems so the instruction manual is large. I have managed to read it twice and go out to the FJ with the book in hand to try the systems I think 4 different times.

New Camera: Pentax K10D with a bunch of goodies with it. Camera body w/ 234 page manual, Walk around lens Tameron 24 - 135 w/another manual, Sigma 50 - 500 lens for wildlife w/another manual, Pentax af 540 flash w/another manual and the extra grip w/another manual.. Lucky for me the extra memory cards, batteries, battery chargers, RDS Max and monopod I was able to figure out without having to use their manuals.

Progress up-date as of 01-05-07 5 PM.

Camera wagon is ready to test. YES I will take the manual with me.

Camera: I cheated and read the manual a couple of times on the Internet before it arrived so when it got here I would have a idea about what I needed to do. I read the live manual once then opened up the camera and started setting it up. It looks like tomorrow I will go out and try my first test it will be with the tamron 24 - 235. As soon as I am starting to feel comfortable with the 24 - 135 and have a couple worth keeping then it is time to start on the Sigma 50 -500.

Wish me luck

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2007, 7:38 PM   #2

well, congratulations on your purchases and I for one, look forward to your new postings, as I always do!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:00 PM   #3

Well done Roger. Good luck with the manuals, I am still getting to grips with my DVD recorder after 12 months

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:33 AM   #4

All the very best, Roger! Please tell us when you post your pictures - in the Pentax forum?!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:11 AM   #5

annie57 wrote:
Quote:
well, congratulations on your purchases and I for one, look forward to your new postings, as I always do!!!!
annie57, thanks for the kind words. I imagine it will take me some time to get any keepers but when I do I will post them.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:13 AM   #6

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
Well done Roger. Good luck with the manuals, I am still getting to grips with my DVD recorder after 12 months

Fred
Manuals and roger are just not a good couple. When I got up this morning I thought of a couple questions so it was manual time again.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:14 AM   #7

Raghu wrote:
Quote:
All the very best, Roger! Please tell us when you post your pictures - in the Pentax forum?!
Thanks for the good luck wishes. When I do a keeper or two I will post them.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:53 AM   #8

Roger I didn't knew a new car was also camera equipment, at least my wife doesn't buy it.

I this camera is going to produce even better shots, then i'll have to buy another rubber stamp :-)

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:10 AM   #9

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Roger I didn't knew a new car was also camera equipment, at least my wife doesn't buy it.

I this camera is going to produce even better shots, then i'll have to buy another rubber stamp :-)

Ronny
Hi Ronny, I will try and explain this so your wife will understand then you will be in good shape.

Why a new camera needs a new camera vehicle?????

"Sweatheart Love Of My Life, OUR old camera and vehicle did pretty well on letting us START on OUR FAMILY TREASURE COLLECTION. Our new camera will allow US to get many more treasures that all of OUR family and friends will be able to SHARE with US. With all the new things the new camera will do WE need to have a vehicle that will get US to places that our old one couldn't get to. Think about how much OUR grandchildren will enjoy seeing their family doing so many things TOGETHER."

Ok Ronny I hope this helps you.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:33 AM   #10

Hey Roger,

Did your wife buy that or did you just buy the camera and when it came in say "?? I thought I told you about that" The new car would be a little harder to do that I guess. Anyway, congradulations on both. It looks like you will be having a lot of fun, playing with your new toys this year.

But what will you do for an encore next year?

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
rhermans wrote:
Quote:

Ronny
Hi Ronny, I will try and explain this so your wife will understand then you will be in good shape.

Why a new camera needs a new camera vehicle?????

"Sweatheart Love Of My Life, OUR old camera and vehicle did pretty well on letting us START on OUR FAMILY TREASURE COLLECTION. Our new camera will allow US to get many more treasures that all of OUR family and friends will be able to SHARE with US. With all the new things the new camera will do WE need to have a vehicle that will get US to places that our old one couldn't get to. Think about how much OUR grandchildren will enjoy seeing their family doing so many things TOGETHER."

Ok Ronny I hope this helps you.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote