Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:24 PM   #1

on its way to my door for 1 or 2 day delivery from Beach Cameras. I hope there reliable:?.

Ive been up and down this forum trying to decide on which camera. I just didnt want to move up DSRL cameras. Ive become to accustom to using a screen to take my pics. Reading the reviews from the professional scared me off some. But reading the reviews from the common guy who just knows a good picture and isnt critical it get rave reviews. So I dont expect DSRL quality I hope the picscome out as good as my Canon G7 at least.

And the features were perfect for me. Zoom, adjustable screen that folds in so the screen is protected and I can just toss it in my Indiana Jones style bag I take with me. Or as my wife likes to call it my man purse. And I tend to do a lot of macro for my watch collecting. And finally I love having the video when I need it.

Any chance to see a few good pics from the FZ-50 to make me feel like I made the righ decision.

Thanks fingers are crossed.

Steve
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:07 PM   #2

Here is a shot of a Goldfinch that I thought was pretty good. Also you can go here
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/ygtbk/FZ50/ to see some more FZ-50 shots. You can decide if they are good enough.

Beach Camera is fine BTW.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the pics I love doing sky shots like that!. Im feeling pretty good about my purchase now. If those are the results it can do im a happy camper.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:58 PM   #4

I think you will love it. Don't forget to post some pictures when you are ready.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:11 PM   #5

Congratulations on the new purchase. If it helps, I bought my FZ30, and some lens from Beach Camera. Great results. Returned the lens and got credit with no problems, no hazzle, and no questions asked.

I would definetly purchase from them again.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:57 AM   #6

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Here is a shot of a Goldfinch that I thought was pretty good. Also you can go here
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/ygtbk/FZ50/ to see some more FZ-50 shots. You can decide if they are good enough.

Beach Camera is fine BTW.
hi tcook,

I saw those superb pics u have posted in ur site...well, I have teh same camera FZ50. I am curious to know a few things...

1. the shot of the moon http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n..._P1060863a.jpg how did u get it so large? Did u use add on lens?

2. The honey bee shot http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...h_P1000081.jpg I couldnt get my camera to get so much detail in a macro. Please tell me as to how you got this amount of detail, even the hair on the fly is visible!!!!

amitr0
amitr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:56 AM   #7

SERAFIN

I PULLED THE TRIGGER ON AN FZ50 IMO IT IS A TRULY MAGNIFICENT CAMERA
robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:54 PM   #8

I got the FZ50 yesterday, and I'm really impressed with the well-thought out design features and options.

But the photos I'm churning out seems to be very soft, almost under-focused, like a watercolour in some cases. Sometimes, I get a good result, but it's random.

I heard the noise reduction engine is over-aggressive, but is it to the point of giving really soft pictures?

Attached Images

stez2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:00 PM   #9

I got my Fz50 today. It took about 45 minutes of tinkering but im getting pretty good pics now. I think im really gonna like it.
cal 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:11 PM   #10

Im a novice with cameras but ive gotten familiar with my FZ50 and I can tell you it can put out sharp pics with very nice colors. Have you turned on your Image Stabalization and turn your venus 3 to low. Maybe if you tell us what your settings were at people with much more experience then me can help you get the nice shots you desire.