Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:14 PM   #1

The Philly Mummers' Parade, normally on New Years Day, was postponed due to rain to Saturday 1/6. The weather was fantastic, 72deg. My wife handled the f20 with ease while I took on double duty with the fx01 and fz5. Lots of wonderful, colorful shots. The f20 certainly held its own outdoors where it's supposedly suspect. Below are three samples from each camera. The full 99 shot series is at three different links associated with each camera.

http://www.ishots.net/mummersfx01/
http://www.ishots.net/mummersfz5/
http://www.ishots.net/mummersf20/

FX01

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

FZ5

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

F20

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

Fred

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:53 PM   #2

Hi Fred! What a nice colourful series. That little one in #3 is something else. Her Mother would like a copy of that one I am sure

Fred(2)
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:48 AM   #3

Nice bunch of shot's Fred, I really like the low angle shots with the fx01.
Does this Parade (exept happening on newyears day) have a special meaning or something.

my favorites are

and the master himself (i presume :G)

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 8:31 AM   #4

Nice photos and a great series Fred. Looks like all three cameras did a good job. Of the three, which camera is your favorite?

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:49 AM   #5

What a beautiful and colourful series Fred! I like them all, but I think the little FX01 did a fantastic job. If I want to guess which camera is your favorite I'll sayits the FX01, most if not all of your postings opn this forumare with the FX01.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:21 AM   #6

what a very nice colourful series!!! and from the way people were dressed, it looks like summer and not in the middle of winter.
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:54 AM   #7

Thanks for the comments. This was the 106th annual 'official' Philadelphia Mummers Parade. The mumming tradition of dressing in crazy costumes and masksat the New Year has been around since the middle ages.

My favorite camera is easily the fz5 with it's 12x zoom. The shots of the little girl and the fathers-and-sons and many of the crowd close-ups were at full zoom and could not have been achieved with either of the compacts. However, the fx01 28mm lens and its tiny size is a real virtue for getting those low level street shots. The fz5 and fx01 compliment one another very nicely. (The fz7 and fx07 would be the current models.) That is yours truly with the two taken with fuji f20 which I got for my wife for indoor lowlight shots.

The f20 has not disappointed in that regard and, as shown in these samples, does a very nice job outdoors as well. Itdoesn't have the fx01 28mm lens or OIS (which really isn't a factor in good light at wide angle), so it's not as versatile as the fx01. But for indoors, it's a winner. IMO it has better all-aroundflash capability due to the more light absorbent sensor. The one weakness of the f20 seems to be macro where it frequently struggles with focusing. I need to play with that some more.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:48 AM   #8

When a photo makes you smile it is a good one. Yours did make me smile.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote