Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:54 AM   #1

Hello - I am pretty much a new user for all this adapter & lens stuff so find a little confusion with the following: I purchased a 55mm lens adapter and 55 mm uv filter for panasonic fz20. I am going to purchase the 55 mm wide angle lens for this adapter (as recommended by Pemaraal) - B&H recommends a step ring of 43-55 to enable the uv filter on the lens. The spec for the WA says there is no "front filter thread". So how does step ring attach? B&H won't answer questions w/o order number and I'm not going to order until I know this will work with WA lens. Thanks very much. Pat P.S. This forum helped me understand how to use lenses other than Panasonics which I know are great but they are very expensive for little old me.
patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:30 PM   #2

You should include a link to the lens , but what I think they are referring to is some of these lenses were made for the C series Olympus cameras which had a 43 mm lens adapter...

So to use that lens on perhaps an older 2100 uziyou would need the stepring....you should not need it if you have a 55mm adapter for your FZ20......Are you aware not many WA lens work very well on the FZ20?

If it is the wcon 08 your referring to it will work
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 1:07 PM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply.

From B&H site -

General Brand 43mm-55mm Step-Up Ring (Lens to Filter) "This adapter enables a filter with an attachment size of 55mm to be used with a lens with an attachment size of 43mm".

I would not be using 0.8 - rather the 0.7 - since I don't have any ability to do wide angle, and it is only $100 I figure it will be better than nothing. - or am I throwing my money away? To add more interest and fun to my photography process, would I be better off getting the teleconverter and forgetting the WA? I do appreciate your input. Even tho I have been playing with photography for many years, I see myself as a novice photographer and always willing to learn something new. Thank you.

P.S. I do have a 55mm adapter.

Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:13 PM   #4

I can not find the Wcon 07 on the B&H site but if this is the lens you want ......just purchase the lens you need no other parts.

http://www.adorama.com/IOMWCON07.htm...&item_no=1
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:12 PM   #5

A Raynox 6600 Pro 55mm WA lens works very well with the FZ20 if you can't find a Wcon 07 and it's a little wider.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 1:24 PM   #6

Thanks very much for the info. I'll keep that lens in mind during my quest. With regard to the 55mm uv filter that I purchased for the adapter, I guess I won't be able to use it on any of these WA lenses (at the front end) without purchasing a step ring. True?