Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:27 AM   #1

Let me know what you think. I welcome any opinions on better picture taking.

Injured Bald Eagle.

The same Bald Eagle zoomed in. The sun was really strong right there. Im a little dissapointed with the pic. Maybe it would have helped if I would have used the hood that comes with the camera. Or maybe a UV lense?

Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:23 AM   #2

Serafin: Nice photos and I luv the red in the first one!!! I would not want to meet the last two subjects face-to-face!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:11 PM   #3

Very nice photos. I really need to go to New Orleans zoo to see how they have recovered from Katrina. Also, renew some old relative acquaintances.:G
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:15 AM   #4

Nice shots and I too love the red in the first one. On the eagle shot, it just looks a little overexposed and a little faster shutter speed, smaller aperture or ev adjustment could have helped. I find that the FZ-50 tends to overexpose when using auto exposure. And you are right, using the hood is a good idea especially in bright sunlight.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:30 AM   #5

I think the photos are very nice.....and easily within the range to be punched up a bit if you so desire. Eagles are tough and certainly not easily done with matrix metering ,IMHO.

I believe the hood should be used 100% of the time it protects against stray light and that can be a factor indoors as well as outdoors.

A UV filter can help protect the lens of your camera but will do nothing as far as improving picture quality.....I know many people make a claim about a UV filter helping at Sea Level and over 10,000 ft ,but while that was apparently sowith film cameras it does not carry over to digital cameras.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:35 AM   #6

Thanks for your comments. We were supposed to go to Sea World that day. But instead decided to go to the zoo for a test run with the camera. Im pretty sure we will begoing to Sea World this weekend though. Will post results afterwards.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:03 PM   #7

Hi Serafin,

Very nice shots. I have an FZ30 and am having the best time learning all it can do. All your pictures are so sharp and clear. I know what you mean with the slight over exposure. I sometimes (in the manual mode) will close the aperture a little in order to bring a little more saturation to the colors and help prevent the sun from taking over. Also, if you prefer the aperture to be more open, you can speed up the shutter a little to accomplish a similar outcome. I don't know if that is the correct way to do stuff, but I seem to be getting good results.

I was wondering, as I admired your lovely pictures, is your zoo in FL? After seeing your Powder Puff blossom (which is beautiful)and reading your mention ofSea World, I began to wonder if you were located here in sunny FL. I have enjoyed practicing my cameraskills at the Brevard Zoo but have yet to capture Sea World. Can't wait for that day.

Thank you so much for posting and sharing yourgreat pictures! Good luck atSea World.

Teree

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:05 PM   #8

gotta.learn wrote:
Quote:
Hi Serafin,

Very nice shots. I have an FZ30 and am having the best time learning all it can do. All your pictures are so sharp and clear. I know what you mean with the slight over exposure. I sometimes (in the manual mode) will close the aperture a little in order to bring a little more saturation to the colors and help prevent the sun from taking over. Also, if you prefer the aperture to be more open, you can speed up the shutter a little to accomplish a similar outcome. I don't know if that is the correct way to do stuff, but I seem to be getting good results.

I was wondering, as I admired your lovely pictures, is your zoo in FL? After seeing your Powder Puff blossom (which is beautiful)and reading your mention ofSea World, I began to wonder if you were located here in sunny FL. I have enjoyed practicing my cameraskills at the Brevard Zoo but have yet to capture Sea World. Can't wait for that day.

Thank you so much for posting and sharing yourgreat pictures! Good luck atSea World.

Teree

Thanks for your tips. Yes I live here in Orlando, this area has endless things to take pictures of. Just last night I decided I should print out some of the almost 2000 pics I have saved on my computer that I have taken. And being the first time ive printed one of my pictures I couldnt believe how much more better it looks on paper than on the screen. And I have a nice 19 inch flat screen. Anyways it just gets me even more excited to get the FZ50 out there.
Quote: