Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 17, 2007, 3:20 PM   #11

Hey Ted, what program mode do you shoot in and what focus mode...am having some trouble with my fz7 focusing behind the subject. thanks, donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:12 PM   #12

Oops, I have to apologize, that shot was with my D50 and sigma 18-200mm lens. Since I use both cameras I knew I would someday post the wrong picture and I did. Below are some shots with the FZ-50 of the same Hawk. The shot from the D50 was from a much closer range then the FZ-50 shots.
Donna, to answer your question, I almost always shoot in spot focus, spot metering and have started using manual exposure a lot although these shots were in P mode because I was in a hurry and did not think. If the lighting permits I like to set the aperture at 5.6 or so and then just adjust the shutter speed as needed.
I have tried other focus settings but then I am not sure exactly where the camera will focus. I am experiencing an odd focus problem with the FZ-50 but not back focusing.

Serafin, you shot looks good just a little soft. That could be due to the low light and slow shutter speed. Try shooting in shutter priority and kicking the shutter speed up as fast as you can even if the shot is a little dark. You can then PP and lighten the picture.

Again sorry for the mistake.

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Hey Ted, what program mode do you shoot in and what focus mode...am having some trouble with my fz7 focusing behind the subject. thanks, donna

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote