Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:17 PM   #1

I know it's off the subject of the forum but most in the US arefreezing right now. Would you tell us how cold or warm you are today and where you are? It finally got above freezing for the first time since last Friday and is 36 degrees here in Abliene, TX right now. Another front is due in today and it's supposed to get to 17 degrees tonight and stay below freezing thru next Monday.

I've been so cold my brain stopped, as you can see by the spelling on the subject line. Kind of got my Y before my T. Please over look.

Don

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:33 PM   #2

Would love some cold. We have had 70 mph winds today and current temperature is 11c!!(and thats at 1930 hours!) That said it is meant to get a lot colder next week (down to around -2 daytime)

So to make us Europeans (I say Europeans as our neighbours havnt seen much snow either) happy, can some of you post some nice snow pictures!!

:-)
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:07 PM   #3

It's 77 F, here in San José, Costa Rica. I bit cloudy, but not hiding the sunshine. Not a good to day to be stuck in the office.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:48 PM   #4

Don, right now it is 45 degrees. But, it is also raining with a stiff breeze. It has been ugly weather for over a week now. Temps have been down to about 31 with wind chill of 21. Worst of all, can't remember what day we last saw the son.:roll: Not good photo weather at all.

However, this is much better than what is going on in some other areas. I really feel for the people in the ice stoms.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:53 PM   #5

70 degrees in beautiful Orlando!
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 6:12 PM   #6

for CITY OF TORONTO
Show | Hide

Updated: 3:30 PM EST on January 18, 2007

Tonight
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries this evening. Periods of snow beginning near midnight. Amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 30 km/h becoming light this evening. Wind becoming west 20 overnight. Low minus 1.

Friday
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Flurries beginning late in the day. Wind west 20 km/h increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late in the morning. High plus 1. Friday night..flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 10.

Saturday
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. High minus 6.

Sunday
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 12. High minus 1.

Monday
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 5. High plus 1. Normals for the period..low minus 10. High minus 2.

Here are the local temperatures for Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Remember that the temperatures arein celsius and not fahrenheit. Little different than what is posted above!!!!

annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:05 PM   #7

33C...we are having an abnormally cool summer in Western Australia. However bush fires have been burning in Victoria for the last seven weeks and fire fighters have been coming from inter-state, New Zealand, Canada and of course the USA

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:37 PM   #8

66 in Melbourne, Victoria right now -- has been up to 100+ this week.

Had a little rain overnight that's cleared the bushfire smoke from the air for the time being.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:37 AM   #9

Thanks everybody. Isn't this old world we live on great? Just our little group of eight people, has 100 degree + all the way down to minus 12 degrees. On the forum we can always see photos of, snow and ice or sunshine and flowers on the same day.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 1:06 PM   #10

Vancouver BC - it's always around -2 to 5°C (28 to 41°F) here on the coast but we've had a lot of wind storms and snow the past 2 months. Currently 4°C (39°F).

However, I was conversing with the trainer of my daughters soccer team last night. This past weekend he played in a pond hockey tournement at a town 3 hours inland.

http://www.merrittherald.com/portals...3007&more=

He couldn't run with the girls in the gym because both of his big toes were frostbitten, blistered and oozing. He mentionned about 15 other players in the tourney couldn't play the second day as their feet were frostbitten from the first day, and one player could lose three toes. Temperatures went down to around -20°C (-4°F) overnight.

IMHO this is a very unusual event. Not the cold but that so many players were frostbitten. I think the guys were using their usual indoor arena skates which they normally wear with thin socks or none at all and they didn't have an adequate warm up area. When I was a kid playing hockey we always wore oversize skates in order to have thick socks on. Mind you our skates were thin leather shells, not the composite materials with thermic foam that molds to your foot like the medium to high end skates have these days.

I took this picture at -32°C on Jan 14th, 2005 with my FZ20 - that's downtown Calgary Alberta. Note the HVAC exhaust - clear, calm and cold.

NewsyL is offline   Reply With Quote