Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 2007, 8:47 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Aaaaa Choooo "Excuse Me" (Burst Mode)

Burst mode can be fun and help you get more keepers IMHO.

These two photos are from 2 different bursts. These are the ones I kept.

Burst #1 photo 8 of 10



Burst #2 photo #3 of 7




TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

They are very nice.....you seem to be getting along quite well with your new camera.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

genece wrote:
Quote:
They are very nice.....you seem to be getting along quite well with your new camera.
Hi genece, I am getting a few keepers but I believe I am still pretty much at the start of the learning curve. There are so many things It will do and I haven't tried them yet.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bayourebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,561
Default

Wonderful photos, Roger. I do admire your dedication. Your weather keeps moving over us, only it is all rainy, cloudy and cold. We are expecting almost another week of this kind of weather. While 32 does not sound cold to most, it is to us with the humidy at 100% and the wind chill factor which can be in the teens. Believe me as I have experienced both, there is quite a difference in wet and dry cold, in the same temp range. Don't misunderstand, even your cold is very dangerous, especially the snow and ice. Not many here freeze to death, just hurt.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Wonderful photos, Roger. I do admire your dedication. Your weather keeps moving over us, only it is all rainy, cloudy and cold. We are expecting almost another week of this kind of weather. While 32 does not sound cold to most, it is to us with the humidy at 100% and the wind chill factor which can be in the teens. Believe me as I have experienced both, there is quite a difference in wet and dry cold, in the same temp range. Don't misunderstand, even your cold is very dangerous, especially the snow and ice. Not many here freeze to death, just hurt.
Hi Jerry, Oh we are lucky and I know it with our dry air. The coldest I have every been is 25 degrees in houston Texas. I will try my secret nice weather dance for you all later tonight.

This photo was in nice weather around 27 degrees and for us that is nice.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:00 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Macnite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,679
Default

Another beautiful series Roger. It is expected of you now.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
HarjTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,534
Default

Hi Roger

Really like the colour in these two shots - looks nice and spot on. I've not really tried using burst mode at all, even with the Fz10 it was only ever used by accident.

Cheers

:? :O


HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:10 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Another beautiful series Roger. It is expected of you now.

Emmanuel
Emmanuel thanks for the nice comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:11 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger

Really like the colour in these two shots - looks nice and spot on. I've not really tried using burst mode at all, even with the Fz10 it was only ever used by accident.

Cheers

:? :O

HarjTT, thanks for the nice comment. The first thing I do is turn on burst mode when I start setting up my camera. 90% of the time one of the photos in the burst and not the first one ends up being the best photo. It works for me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:18 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
d-sr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Abilene. TX
Posts: 1,486
Default

Nice Roger. I envy your scenery but it just gets to cold for me in the mountains. Like Jerry said, we are not used to this cold and it takes a lot to get me out in it.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:16 AM.