Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2007, 6:10 AM   #1

I was reading the directions for theFZ50 again and found out you can zoom in on a pic and save it.They just call it trimming instead.I dont have any of the fancy software to do it on my computer. I justuse basic stuff for picture enhancements so this is a great feature for me when I want it just a little closer. I figured if my wifes 150 dollar coolpix can do it andthe picscome out nice my FZ50 should be able to also.

Granted the pic below is lousyand I took itjust so I can figure this out. And let me tell you Panasonics directions are horrible. When I finally figured it out I FELT LIKE I FIGURED OUT THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE! For some of you smarter ones out there it might be no problem. Anyways the second pic is at full zoom, and even though its a bad pic I dont see any more loss of quality at full zoom.

Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:01 AM   #2

This is how you do that on your computer...it is the most basic software and it is free. All the camera did was crop a section of the photo as software can do that better and even interpolate the quality back up to near where it was before the crop.

I believe that using the editing or the clean up functionsin the camera is asking for trouble, But its your choice......

In case your interested

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...amp;topic=1143

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:12 PM   #3

I use picassa cropping all the time but it doesnt bring in the subject closer. At least I dont notice any difference . This actually gives the effect of the subject being closer.
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:30 PM   #4

Genece is right, the computer and software can do a better job then the camera. Try Picassa again, cropping should make the subject larger.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote